Required Reading

Monday, September 14, 2009 | Category: Books, Decorating, Design Inspiration, Website News

picture-94

I haven’t heard the term “Required Reading” since I was about in the 10th grade and had to suffer through 1,000 pages of Crime and Punishment.  (Ok, I actually did enjoy the over-the-top Russian violence and romance during my  later teenage years.)  But on 1STDIBS.COM, “Required Reading” refers to that which anyone who loves fashion, design or anything beautiful must read.  Or at least check out the digital preview online.  I have been doing just that for quite some time this morning, and look at these glorious interiors I found in “Domino The Book of Decorating: A Room by Room Guide to Creating a Home That Makes You Happy.”  Although I only got a six page preview, I am thinking about heading to Barnes & Noble this afternoon to check out the rest of what this book has in store…having anything to do with any of these rooms surely would make me one happy designer!

picture-104

picture-114

picture-151

picture-131

picture-141

9 Comments to 'Required Reading'

Julie C. 15 Sep 09 at 12:49 am

must be a cool book! love that kitchen.

paula 15 Sep 09 at 8:18 am

I have this and really can’t get enough of it. you will enjoy.

spark! (Ada-Marie) 16 Sep 09 at 1:28 pm

Oooooh, I love this book. It’s never out of arm’s reach. Run, do not walk, to B&N! :)

spla 16 Sep 09 at 5:51 pm

rather surprised a designer hasn’t heard of this book before, nonetheless own it. It’s an instant classic!!!

you’ll love it.

Julia-Chicago 16 Sep 09 at 7:00 pm

It is hard to keep on top of everything happening in this fast paced industry. Being busy is no excuse for missing some of the greatest stuff.
Glad to have all of our readers and some research time to catch up!
Got it and soooo happy!

electroniccigarettes 17 Sep 09 at 12:04 pm

Wonderful Post.

Thank you for the info.

I love the Domino book. After reading about it on blog after blog last spring, I finally went out to buy it. It’s informative, beautiful, and a joy to read – hate to say it, unlike most coffee table books. Good purchase!

Suzella 21 Nov 09 at 10:33 am

Are those all the same zebra skin? I am having a compassionate moment for the contributions of zebras.

Stephanie 28 May 11 at 7:50 pm

So happy I found this! I love the second to last photo… beautiful wood floors, stunning white detail for the stairs, gorgeous chandelier and the blue curtains and little red chair are the perfect touch! The last one is lovely too! Love the red and yellow! Is that a little kitty pillow on the couch?! So much fun!