Purple Rain

Sunday, September 20, 2009 | Category: Color, Decorating, Design Inspiration

picture-18

{Sofitel Chicago}

I just purchased a pair of purple suede flats today….and a purple cheetah print blouse  for one of my girls the week before.  Sensing a pattern?  It’s no secret that purple is the new “hot” color in the fashion world, and the trend definitely is popping up throughout interiors as well.  Although purple has been on the rise in interiors for several years now, I really think that with the start of the new fashion year in September, that this is THE year for purple.  Thoughts??

picture-211

picture-241

{Courtesy of: Patricia Gray- Interior Design Blog}

picture-251

{Courtesy of: Patricia Gray- Interior Design Blog}

picture-261

{Courtesy of: Patricia Gray- Interior Design Blog}

10 Comments to 'Purple Rain'

Sushi 20 Sep 09 at 9:58 am

LOVE!!!

Erin 20 Sep 09 at 11:46 am

Wow, great collection of images! I can’t even pick a favorite! I just bought some purple suede heels, but would love to get a purple handbag for the fall too. LOVE purple!

Down Pillow 20 Sep 09 at 3:58 pm

Wow, the Fendi photo is amazing! I really love purple, especially for Fall. I bought a purple blazer last year & it’s one of my favorite pieces.

thedesignerchik 20 Sep 09 at 5:22 pm

Why not let this be the year of purple, it’s a royal color and has always been one of my fav btw gorgeous pics…

Queen of Cashmere 20 Sep 09 at 5:47 pm

Last year, I saw a friend’s living room and she had painted her walls plum. Gorgeous. I’m definitely hankering for a plummy office makeover.

Kelly 21 Sep 09 at 8:49 am

You can never go wrong with purple! I have always loved it for clothing and interiors, nice to see it’s becoming more accesible

Hilary 20 Oct 09 at 10:27 am

I LOVE purple too! I agree with Down Pillow, it’s great for the fall. One of my favorite things about fall actually!..along with Pumpkin Spice Lattes ;)

Stephanie 05 May 11 at 9:25 pm

I have a HUGE thing for purple! Loved every picture, I couldn’t even pick a favorite!!

Nanziri Berna 20 May 11 at 9:06 am

This is indeed a royal colour

Shayna Smithson 09 Apr 13 at 11:13 am

Purple will be hot again for 2013 and beyond! So excited to see newly introduced and updated furniture and color pallet combinations!

1 Links to 'Purple Rain'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Sarah JD and Material Girls . Material Girls said: Purple Rain – {Sofitel Chicago} I just purchased a pair of purple suede flats today.and a purple cheetah print bl http://ow.ly/15PYyk [...]