Two Windy City fashionistas gave their La Porte estate a renovating makeover and welcomed Chicago Home + Garden Magazine through their doors… So happy they did.

This glossy red entranceway has me crazy in love… Paired with black and white papered walls, it truly shines as it should.

60f42d1d6e99027ae17afeb7cb7e3824

Love, love, loving this effortless mix of classic and modern.. of matte and gloss.. of slate and white. Lucite Louis X-esque chairs amid mirrored finishes leave this space feeling boundless and bright.

9cc087fdc46f3a114471ab90c8354d20

A consistent palette enables the couple to mix, match, accessorize and expand collections at will while maintaining a sense of fluidity and balance throughout… “It’s incredible how much fun it is to play musical furniture. We like playing house.”

f8b49fb3839555b2e3e5e75be1ea78bb

The perfect mix of personality and soul… well-collected and a true reflection of the Mark Heister Designs pair. “We’re from a black-tie life in the fashion business. Every day is an event, and why not?”

f89282003eef1556061dd5f2ff1085b1

Well said!

10 Comments to 'La Porte Luxe'

Heather Brady 16 Nov 09 at 1:19 pm

I do enjoy the blog, really, but I have seen so many grammatical errors today on other blogs, now here – and this is the second one on palette alone. Colors are arranged on a palette, colored blocks could be stacked on a pallet.

Julie P. 16 Nov 09 at 4:45 pm

Love the Lucite chairs!!! Any idea on where to get some for a decent price?

Maria Killam 16 Nov 09 at 9:46 pm

Wow loved the shiny pink door!!

Julia-Chicago 16 Nov 09 at 10:17 pm

Hey Heather,
This is the definition of which I was referring to when I wrote this post…
” The range of colors used in a particular painting or by a particular artist.” This is the definition of the word, palette, which I used to describe the color choices and overall feel of the featured home.
I did not ever mention or infer that a “pallet” would be used or was in evidence- at all to describe this home. This spelling was not used in my post.
Sorry if I caused you any confusion!

Eliana Tomas 17 Nov 09 at 9:56 am

the last space is just stunning. so elegant! beautiful.stripes are, indeed, forever!

Shannon at Old World Charm 17 Nov 09 at 10:12 am

Those round-top doors and classic details make me weak in the knees. Thanks for posting these pics! :-)

pve 17 Nov 09 at 3:57 pm

I love all these bold graphics, the arch of that red door and the stripe of the sofa, along with the bold color palette! :)
pve

Orlando personal injury lawyer 17 Nov 09 at 4:20 pm

I love these rooms, furniture, everything.
I’ve tried to get my place similar to this style… not I’ve got more of a design to base it off of. :)

Thanks!

Julia-Chicago 18 Nov 09 at 11:54 am

Hey Julie P!
Awhile ago Emily posted about the “Louis” Ghost Chair vs. a less expensive look-a-like.
This is the “Louis” in the spread. I grab them at Orangeskin in Chicago but they are available online at Hive Modern…..
The armless version is the “Victoria.”
They look amazing in any setting!
Best,
J

Darcy Davidson 26 Feb 11 at 8:30 pm

I am in love with the arched red, front door too! The graphite walls are to die for, and the “black tie” presence throughout the home is sophisticated and classic. I love the lucite dining room chairs in the mirrored dining room as well!

1 Links to 'La Porte Luxe'

[...] This post was Twitted by CaribouLighting [...]