Perez, Pets and Paintings

Friday, January 08, 2010 | Category: Art, Celebs

Picture 28

I am a Perez Hilton reader, guilty as charged.  Who doesn’t want to know about Lindsay Lohan’s (fondly dubbed “La Loca” or “Lindsanity” by Perez) latest breakdown or which celebs were spotted this week courtside at the Lakers game?  Whether or not you are interested in all of the celebrity gossip, you have to check out the animal portraiture that I discovered on Perez.  Animal artist Sam Charles Hodgson painted a portrait back in August of Perez’s adorable labordoodle, Teddy, and I have been meaning to share these remarkable works of art with MG.

This is not your traditional animal artwork.  They are so beautiful and tasteful, and not at all what animal artwork too often winds up being…downright creepy.  Rather, Hodgson’s contemporary take infuses the work with bright colors and an almost pop-art quality.  As the owner of two beloved dogs, I would love to have my “girls” immortalized by Sam Charles Hodgson! Check out some of Hodgson’s work below and let me know what you think.

Picture 29

Picture 30

Picture 31

Picture 33

Picture 35

Picture 37

Picture 34

Picture 36

Picture 38

Sam also does wild animal portraiture too!

Picture 42

Picture 41

Picture 40

Picture 39

9 Comments to 'Perez, Pets and Paintings'

Bailey@peppermintbliss 08 Jan 10 at 2:40 pm

I cannot STANDDDD Perez, I seriously just think he is the absolute worst. BUT I can’t seem to stop checking his site because of little gems like this! And the latest gossip of course. Thanks for posting this, I would much rather read Material Girls than Perez!

Rita 08 Jan 10 at 5:14 pm

Love the artwork, such a cool modern take on animal portraits. My dog “Honey” is ready to pose for one any day!

enables 09 Jan 10 at 8:59 am

The painting under the photo of perez looks just like my dog! Love these! I have a shopping blog that focuses on fashion and home decor. You can view it here if you like: http://enables.blogspot.com/

Goji 09 Jan 10 at 11:18 am

Wonderful!

renee finberg 10 Jan 10 at 6:41 am

i love this stuff.

xx

Tiffany English 11 Jan 10 at 11:01 am

Thanks for posting this, I love seeing other artists’ works of animals! I paint pet portraits in OKC as Redheaded Dog Art Studio. I do a lot of work with the Central Oklahoma Humane Society as well as a few other animal welfare organizations locally.
Thanks again for sharing the work of Mr. Hodgsdon, he’s a terrific artist. :o )

Julie P. 11 Jan 10 at 11:55 am

Love it! The dalmatians are adorable! Hope you don’t mind, I quoted y’all on my art blog.

Julia-Chicago 11 Jan 10 at 8:39 pm

Hey Tiffany English,
How can I help with your Oklahoma Humane Society?
I have a full plate of dogs (a pair of gorgeous Wheaten Terriers) but appreciate your efforts!

Julia-Chicago 16 Jan 10 at 11:03 am

Julie,
I just added your blog to my bookmarked favorites. Love the Jeff Koons exhibit at Versailles! I am with you- would have loved to see.
Best,
J

1 Links to 'Perez, Pets and Paintings'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Troy Cairns, Robin Krahling. Robin Krahling said: Perez, Pets and Paintings: I am a Perez Hilton reader, guilty as charged.  Who doesn’t want to know about Lindsay… http://bit.ly/6rpV69 [...]