The Bachelor Life

Thursday, March 18, 2010 | Category: Decorating

I don’t often think of young 30 something bachelor pads as having much more decor in their apartment or house beyond a futon, pool table, and Cubs flag (Sorry Sox fans).  But then I came across my friend Daran Puffer’s chic bachelor pad that somehow remains friendly to both genders without looking bland or effeminate, and certainly evades the afore mentioned stereotype or the other “ideal bachelor pad”…dark paneled wood, leather seating, and an ashtray full of cigars.  The developer’s Wicker Park home featured in Chicago Home + Garden not only has eye catching interiors, but also has a breathtaking outdoor deck that is an astounding 1,550 square feet. (the same size as the condo itself!)  Hey, it wouldn’t be a true bachelor pad without a grill, now would it?  I am very impressed with Daran’s subtle yet chic color palette and his uninhibited use of unusual pieces, like the bright orange dining  room drapes…so impressed with his style that I have purchased several pieces from him  and his shop, Den, to furnish my own home! It doesn’t take a pool table that doubles as a dining room table (remember this idea from “The Breakup”?) to create a bachelor pad for a cool guy and his buddies.  Let’s just hope this warm weather in Chicago sticks around to put such an amazing outdoor space to good use!

As an orange fanatic, this room belongs in my “Orange Fantasy” post!

This color palette in the bedroom reminds me of the interiors in the restaurant Otom I featured in a previous post.

(Interiors at Otom}

Can I join? I spy a grill… :)

8 Comments to 'The Bachelor Life'

Lila Ferraro 18 Mar 10 at 1:02 pm

That looks way to chic to be a bach pad! The accessories in yellow and orange totally make the space!
Lila Ferraro
Queen Bedroom Sets

Paula 18 Mar 10 at 1:22 pm

The yellow accessories definitively make the space. especially in the second picture otherwise everything else would be washed out. I do love the open space and the simplicity of the white walls.

Simply Luxurious 18 Mar 10 at 6:15 pm

Beautiful decor that is appealing to both men and women and allows the owner to bring their personality by way of their presence.

Nancy@marcusdesign 19 Mar 10 at 12:48 am

Love the punch of orange in the bedroom! Not to mention the gorgeous mirrored bed :)

rdeco 19 Mar 10 at 10:47 am

I don’t know if I like it or not. Nice architecture but too bachelor-ish I think. I liked the BBQ although.

jHill 19 Mar 10 at 8:08 pm

Is that a fire pit? Oh how I’d love a fire pit.

Double Glazing Birmingham 22 Mar 10 at 6:40 am

Impressive design and amazing outdoor space to good use .I love those furniture and beautiful decoration they set in every room .Very impressive outdoor deck.

toni ayis 23 Mar 10 at 5:21 am

thanks for the information, your blog is very interesting, I like it

1 Links to 'The Bachelor Life'

[...] skeptical that this look is too Daniel Boone?  Check out this living room I featured in my “Bachelor Life” post (the home of my friend, developer Daran Puffer) that exhibits just how fab this look can [...]

Trackback from The Hunted | My.BuzzCritic.com on January 09, 2011