What’s Old Is New

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 | Category: Decorating, Material Girls Projects

One of my recently completed projects is currently featured on the cover of this month’s “Renovation Style” magazine! So exciting!

The Historic Victorian home is located on a gorgeous tree lined street on Chicago’s North Shore- very close to the beaches of Lake Michigan. The Southern raised, incredible to work with home owners were accustomed to more traditional furnishings and decor, so the challenge was how best to  honor the tradition’s of both the home itself and the client’s taste- all the while infusing it with a more colorful and whimsical aura.  After much love, enthusiasm and dedication to detail from the owners, this project is one of my most treasured accomplishment’s!  Look and see below images of an historic home with a”happy” spin- well suited for a modern family.

All images courtesy of Buckingham ID and photographed by the uber talented Eric Hausman except for the cover shot by  master photographer Werner Straube for Renovation Style and Meredith Publications.

13 Comments to 'What’s Old Is New'

Nita@ModVintageLife 01 Sep 10 at 8:02 pm

What a perfect mix of traditional and modern. I love the light colors. Really a gorgeous way to redo a vintage home. You honored the history while making it fresh. I love it.

mydesignchic 01 Sep 10 at 9:05 pm

The home looks so beautiful- fresh and warm. What a lovely job…

MaterialGirls 01 Sep 10 at 9:46 pm

LOVE this home! It’s my favorite project of yours! :) So exciting about the cover!

Kim@Chattafabulous 01 Sep 10 at 9:47 pm

Wow, I just noticed this cover when I was at Barnes & Noble getting coffee. Didn’t have time to look through it, but made a mental note to check it out. The cover alone is memorable – love the fabric on the wingback chairs. Congrats!

Very good job! Love seeing the colors. Not all white

IJEOMA 02 Sep 10 at 9:00 am

Oh wow! It looks so beautiful, and that chandelier in the living room is so exquisite.

Ann Shumbo 02 Sep 10 at 11:17 am

Wow what a beautiful space. Love the dining room so elegant. I always welcome when people do the four chairs in a room vs. a sofa. Love the look and feel of it. How much fun would that be hanging out with your friends. What I’m dying over is the kitchen. So ME! Love the bench with the kitchen table. Perfect. Congrats. Will look for the magazine.

Heather 02 Sep 10 at 2:45 pm

LOVE this house. I am looking for a large floral print in those colors. I know C. Farr fabric is EXPENSIVE, but not sure how much. Could you give me a guideline re approx retail price/yd?

Zoe @ Beach Decor 02 Sep 10 at 6:04 pm

Wow! You are uber talented, this is just gorgeous. I love the shelf display! Everything is very elegant and so sophisticated. Fabulous work.

Julie C. 02 Sep 10 at 7:12 pm

gorgeous as usual congrats julia!

Rita 04 Sep 10 at 9:41 pm

Gorgeous! Love everything about the space! Especially the wallpaper in the dining room :)

Alex Penny 05 Sep 10 at 11:00 pm

I love the colors!

Mia@CrabbyAttitude 06 Sep 10 at 10:21 pm

Really beautiful!

1 Links to 'What’s Old Is New'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Nancy Peal, Robin Krahling and Ivana Michalova, Julia B. Edelmann. Julia B. Edelmann said: Chicago Design Blog | Material Girls | Chicago Interior Design » What’s Old Is New http://t.co/BUC20Oy via @AddThis [...]