{Article from Chicago Home + Garden, on sale now!}

Everyone has a favorite color.  Although I have many, one of my most favorite is orange.  However, color is truly personal, and furthermore is something that can define a space.  Although everyone has a color of choice, pairing hues can be a tricky task.

{Chicago Home + Garden editor, Jan Parr}

This coming Wednesday (October 13) I will be a guest on WGN’s midday show at noon, chatting with Chicago Home + Garden’s editor, Jan Parr, about adding/using color in the home.  With virtually any color in the rainbow at a homeowner’s disposal, those who crave the bold or those who prefer the subdued will find tips and tricks on color schemes during this segment.  Whether color is incorporated in a big way (a brightly colored accent wall) or a more subtle way (a few brightly colored books and nicknacks in a bookshelf or a bowl of lemons on the kitchen counter), mixing up hues can make all the difference.  So kick that color fear to the curb and tune in Wednesday!

All images courtesy of Buckingham Interiors + Design.

8 Comments to 'Color Is a Girl’s Best Friend'

PriscilaPetersDecor 11 Oct 10 at 8:07 pm

I really love the orange wall in that living room. Nice images.

Rita 11 Oct 10 at 10:44 pm

I absolutely adore the orange wallpaper in the “Lounge” ! Talk about a bold statement …!! Looking forward to hearing more about color on Wednesday!

Julie C. 11 Oct 10 at 11:20 pm

can’t wait to take a midday break to watch this segment! really love the blue + yellow color scheme you have going in the CHG article.

double glazing birmingham 12 Oct 10 at 8:27 am

The most common error I see in choosing exterior house color is that the color is too light. The sun will wash out colors outside, so choosing a light color will end up looking like white. When choosing colors, keep in mind that they usually need to be more grey or brown than you think. For example, a grey with a tint of green in it will read more green than you usually think when painted on the entire house. If you choose a color and can say ‘now that’s green’, you’ve probably choosen too ‘green of a green’.

Dana 12 Oct 10 at 10:35 am

Such a great article! Beautiful pictures, makes me want to redo my house right now!

CMC 12 Oct 10 at 11:12 am

Happy chic is right! It’s so true that color can make or break a space, so I’m looking forward to hearing what you two have to say on the matter on Wednesday. Do you know if it will be viewable online?

Matthew taylor 12 Oct 10 at 1:59 pm

I love your site. On the topic of home décor and design, I would also like to suggest Burkedecor.com to your readers. Burke Décor is a great place to shop for modern home decor and garden decor at low prices. http://www.burkedecor.com. Check it out if you have a chance. Good luck everything.

frenchgormand 12 Oct 10 at 7:20 pm

This show is exactly what I need! Some color tips would be great since my husband is so picky. Really looking forward to tuning in…..especially after seeing all those beautiful examples!

1 Links to 'Color Is a Girl’s Best Friend'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Material Girls , Ivana Michalova. Ivana Michalova said: Color Is a Girl’s Best Friend: {Article from Chicago Home + Garden, on sale now!} Everyone has a favorite color. … http://bit.ly/bgb1GB [...]