Ode to Orange

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 | Category: Color, Decorating, Magazines, Material Girls Projects, Paint, Trends

You may have picked up by now that I have a slight (ok maybe more than slight…) obsession with orange.  Not only have I used this punchy hue throughout my own home, but it has also made its way into many of my projects, both commercial and residential.  Something about this color really strikes my fancy, for it has both a lively vintage quality yet also a sophisticated modern feel.  Furthermore, it can be paired with many other colors to create a dramatic effect (my favorite combos are orange and gray, orange and purple, orange and pink, orange and brown and orange and cream).

{Orange in my own home}

{Orange in Buckingham Interiors + Design space at Merchandise Mart Antiques Fair}

I was browsing Lonny’s online photo gallery and I was pleased to see just how many spaces used orange in some way, either big or small, and in many different rooms, from bathrooms to workspaces.  Check out some of my favorites!

9 Comments to 'Ode to Orange'

Christine 09 Feb 11 at 11:15 pm

Orange is my favorite color but it doesn’t get much love. I covet every single thing in every single picture in this post!

Rent apartment in Rio De Janeiro 10 Feb 11 at 4:55 am

orange is one of my favorite color…like your post…..really like your blog….thanks for this beautiful post

Heather 10 Feb 11 at 11:03 am

Did you see that Elle Decor gave orange a little love in an online gallery? You can check it out here: http://www.elledecor.com/elle-decor/articles/outstanding-orange

Though to be honest, I prefer your pics to theirs!

modge 11 Feb 11 at 2:01 pm

Orange is a nice color when it comes to inside color..cause it can push out the other colors, like black, blue, green and etc….

Ton 12 Feb 11 at 12:17 pm

I see SO many things I like here…where do I start. For one…the green walls paired with an orange headboard…#toohot Zebra print wall paper #evenhotter and black walls #toohotforme! I have an orange bathroom and this post has definitely given me some inspiration!

Double Glazing 13 Feb 11 at 12:22 am

Wow. I didn’t knew that orange would be a great color to put in a house. I’m glad that I’ve read this article. Great post! I love it. You’ve done a great job.

Julie 14 Feb 11 at 1:05 pm

Absolutely adore orange!!

PJ @Outdoor Garden Decorations 16 Feb 11 at 11:01 am

Orange can make a great contrast to the other color schemes used in interior design. The pictures shown above prove this very well.

kimberly 19 Feb 11 at 10:29 pm

your good

2 Links to 'Ode to Orange'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Material Girls , Scribble Boutique. Scribble Boutique said: MG: Ode to Orange: You may have picked up by now that I have a slight (ok maybe more than slight…) obsession wi… http://bit.ly/eoD1bF [...]

[...] fall hard for the amazing and sometimes neglected orange. See the many faces of this bold color in Ode to Orange at Material [...]