As I passed by the Chicago showroom of Roche Bobois the other day, I decided to check out what this uber chic Parisian home outfitter is up to.  I discovered their Jean Paul Gaultier home collection, which is fashioned in the same style as the designer’s couture creations.  Avant garde, opulent and oh so glamorous, I must admit that this collection isn’t particularly my style, but in the words of one of my most favorite taste makers, Carrie Bradshaw, it is undeniable that it is just “fabulous.”  This sophisticated and very unique line of furniture and accessories is so distinctive that it would take a bold designer and willing client to fashion a room out of this collection.  Perhaps a few pieces here and there might produce a more manageable effect.  What are your thoughts?  Hate it, love it, or somewhere in between?

{Jean Paul Gaultier Fall Winter 2010/2011}

{Jean Paul Gaultier Fall Winter 2010/2011}

{Jean Paul Gaultier Fall Winter 2010/2011}

6 Comments to 'Couture Living'

Penny 12 Feb 11 at 11:40 am

Fabulous and then some!!! I happen to love my personal style, Modern with a Tuscan and Tribal flair, but I certainly would not want to surround myself with that exclusively. I enjoy feasting on other lifestyles of design. Thanks for sharing!

Jen 12 Feb 11 at 9:32 pm

Saw the first photo in an design magazine ad the other day, and absolutely fell in love. And I just got giddy seeing all of the photos you posted. Those metal subway tiles are quite impressive, and for some reason don’t seem too gaudy in the expanse that they cover.

Julie 14 Feb 11 at 1:07 pm

How fab

Julie 14 Feb 11 at 1:07 pm

How fabulous! Love the Carrie Bradshaw reference :)

Rachel 15 Feb 11 at 12:32 am

Love it!! It’s always fabulous when apparel fashion and interior fashion play off one another!

CMC 18 Feb 11 at 11:54 am

hmmm not sure this is really for me…but certainly fascinating!!

1 Links to 'Couture Living'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Janice Thielman, Material Girls . Material Girls said: Couture Living – As I passed by the Chicago showroom of Roche Bobois the other day, I decided to check out what this… http://ow.ly/1biS0G [...]