Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful!

Friday, February 18, 2011 | Category: Uncategorized

{One and Only Palmilla, Los Cabos Mexico}

With the record breaking snowfall and arctic temperatures that have been slamming the Windy City as of late (-20 windchill! Ouch!) my mind has been drifting to the warm, tropical paradise destinations that would be the sweetest escape during the doldrums of the bitter Chicago winter.  It just so happens that Travel & Leisure is currently featuring their 500 Best Hotels of 2011, many of which include beaches, pools and endless sunshine.  With 500 glorious destinations, how could anyone only choose one?!  I want to visit them all! :)  But for the purpose of this post, however, I had to keep it to my favorites, which was a difficult task! And while these may only be a tease on this cloudy February day, I can’t help but indulge myself in the hopes of (soon!?) visiting these luxurious (and warm!) hotels and resorts.  Anyone visited any of these remarkable destinations?  Please share!

{One and Only Palmilla, Los Cabos Mexico}

{Esperanza Resort, Los Cabos Mexico}

{Turtle Inn, Belize}

{Four Seasons, Costa Rica}

{Las Ventanas, Los Cabos Mexico}

{La Residence Phou Vao, Laos}

Tags:

8 Comments to 'Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful!'

Melissa Prell 18 Feb 11 at 9:08 am

Thanks for the mini vacation! I have never visited any of these places, but Jade Mountain in St. Lucia certainly looks beautiful.

Happy weekend!

Emily Johnston 18 Feb 11 at 9:34 am

The one and only In cabo was one of my favorite hotel stays. I want to go back! I saw Kate beckinsale at the pool with her daughter one day and spent the whole rest of my stay hoping to catch a glimpse of them again! Ha

Jaime @ la vie...j'aime 18 Feb 11 at 11:20 am

wow…. i need to go to cabo in my lifetime.

julie c 18 Feb 11 at 11:50 am

unbelievable!! jade mountain looks like the most beautiful place in the world

CMC 18 Feb 11 at 11:55 am

can i just up and move to cabo right now?! yes please!

Shelley @ Calypso In the Country 18 Feb 11 at 5:13 pm

Gorgeous pictures! I have stayed at Curtain Bluff in Antigua and had dinner at Pimms Restaurant at Cap Juluca. Amazing places!
Shelley

Casey Craig Art 19 Feb 11 at 2:13 pm

I spent my honeymoon in St. Lucia many years ago – before Jade Mountain was there. We rented a small house on the beach with a view of the pitons (just like your photo shows). It was absolutely beautiful!

Hickory Furniture Mart 23 Feb 11 at 10:40 am

Anyone notice how these luxurious tropical getaway architecture designs usually hinge on an open-space planning? We’re thinking it has something to do with the idea of a vacation being an escape from the closed spaces of the office. #symoblism

2 Links to 'Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful!'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Scribble Boutique, Ivana Michalova and decorcollective, Robin Krahling. Robin Krahling said: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful! http://bit.ly/fZgzYO [...]

[...] Virtual vacations with Material Girls [...]