Kitchen Confidential

Sunday, February 20, 2011 | Category: Bed and Bath, Lighting, Material Girls Projects

A DeGiulio Kitchen in one of my Buckingham Interiors + Design Projects in Kenilworth, Illinois

While the title of this post is a nod to one of my favorite books (by Anthony Bourdain), the real reference here is to kitchen extraordinaire Mick De Giulio’s new book, “Kitchen Centric.” De Guilio is a veritable kitchen genius and is one of the most revered names in kitchen design not only in Chicago but throughout the country as well.  With over 25 years in the kitchen biz, De Giulio really knows what works.  With his versatility in design, De Giulio appeals to clients with almost any taste.  His projects have been featured in publications from Traditional Home, Better Homes and Gardens to House Beautiful, and his unbelievable showroom in the Chicago Merchandise Mart is definitely worth a visit.  De Giulio is a frequent speaker at industry events, but now his words are being immortalized in a beautiful book that I surely am looking forward to checking out!

Mick De Giulio’s new book, Kitchen Centric

De Giulio kitchen Glencoe, IL

De Giulio kitchen Glencoe, IL

De Giulio Highland Park, IL

De Giulio kitchen Highland Park, IL

De Giulio kitchen Highland Park, IL

De Giulio kitchen Atherton, CA

De Giulio kitchen Winnetka, IL

De Giulio kitchen Monte Sereno, CA

De Giulio kitchen Monte Sereno, CA

De Giulio kitchen Chicago, IL

De Giulio kitchen Chicago, IL

De Giulio kitchen Scottsdale, AZ

8 Comments to 'Kitchen Confidential'

CMC 20 Feb 11 at 5:52 pm

love love love! De Giulio is a kitchen master!

eunice smith 21 Feb 11 at 1:29 am

The kitchen interior design ideas are very fascinating. He is really a well-versed man in terms of interior designing. i like its refreshing look and and its modern concept.

Things That Inspire 21 Feb 11 at 6:43 am

Oh, how I love De Giulio kitchens – and lucky you to have worked with him! My all time favorite is that Glencoe kitchen that was featured in HB. There is a picture from a different angle that makes the kitchen all come together for me – I couldn’t figure out how the kitchen eating area worked with the space, and the picture solves the problem for me!

Pretty Inspirational 21 Feb 11 at 5:34 pm

Thank you for introducing me to Mick DeGuilio. I love his use of marble. The small drawers he uses remind me of old asian medicine cabinets…so cool and what a great way to store items! Is the Chicago kitchen countertop concrete?

Caroline 22 Feb 11 at 1:22 am

My parent’s new house has the faux candle light fixture over their island! looks beautiful. My favorite is the De Giulio kitchen in Monte Sereno, CA; The natural looking stone is perfectly unexpected in a world of shiny kitchens.

Ton 22 Feb 11 at 10:31 pm

The Chicago kitchen is the BEST. I LOVE those glass cabinets. I love it!

LeatherSofaBlogger 24 Feb 11 at 11:51 am

Very lovely kitchens, I can’t imagine cooking in any of those to ever be a chore!

CMC 27 Feb 11 at 1:21 pm

fabulous kitchen in your recent project, julia!!

3 Links to 'Kitchen Confidential'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by basketsgaloreto, Emily Egan, Material Girls , Robin Krahling, Ivana Michalova and others. Ivana Michalova said: Kitchen Confidential: A DeGiulio Kitchen in one of my Buckingham Interiors + Design Projects in Kenilworth, Il… http://bit.ly/dUlVbM [...]

[...] here:  Kitchen Confidential – Material Girls Share & [...]

[...] to my website of this home.  And check out the De Giulio kitchen, which I just featured in another post This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 at 3:20 am and is filled under: HomeLeave a [...]

Trackback from Renovation Heart-Ware | My.BuzzCritic.com on March 02, 2011