Casablanca

Thursday, February 24, 2011 | Category: Designers, Fashion, Magazines

After having done a recent post on the most enticing warm weather destinations featured in the Travel and Leisure 500 Best Hotels of 2011 issue, I came across this remarkable Moroccan home in Elle Decor that I would be more than happy to visit and soak up some rays.  As the home of fashion designer Liza Bruce and artist Nicholas Alvis Vega, the home was destined to be remarkable from the start.  The home is brimming with color and light…a perfect combination of antique, honoring the home’s Moroccan heritage, and modern touches.  Check out the kitchen…who would have thought that a tree trunk would work in a space!?  In such an exotic locale, bending the rules of convention may be permitted.  While the home may be in Marrakech rather than Casablanca, I couldn’t help but dream of Humphrey Bogart  whispering “we’ll always have Paris” to Ingrid Bergman in this sensual abode.

7 Comments to 'Casablanca'

Erica | offset printing 25 Feb 11 at 2:08 am

This is a really unique and beautiful house. I think this is the first time I saw this kind of interior and I love it. Specially the viranda area, so perfect to hangout.

Double Glazing 25 Feb 11 at 5:36 am

Nice place. It is so relaxing and so comfortable. I also love the ambiance and the interior of your house. Great work!

Aspiring Kennedy 25 Feb 11 at 7:17 am

i just saw the movie for the first time recently. loved it!

now i keep scheming of ways to get my husband to pop down there for the weekend with me…. not having luck so far. hopefully this summer!

suzanne vachon 26 Feb 11 at 1:20 pm

Hi Julia,

Your Casblanca post is a dream, thanks, ”Play it again Julia”

decogirlmontreal

Fashion Photographer 27 Feb 11 at 2:21 pm

wow! beautiful….I wonder if anyone would ever be able to eat all the oranges they have around the house

Laura Bielecki of LuxuryInteriors 13 Mar 11 at 8:13 pm

way over the top but I LOVE IT!!!!!

nadine 23 Jul 12 at 12:49 pm

wow! this is just beautiful :) would immediately want my flat to look like that! dream away…..

1 Links to 'Casablanca'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Ivana Michalova and decorcollective, Robin Krahling. Robin Krahling said: Casablanca http://bit.ly/hgHbya [...]