White After Labor Day

Thursday, September 29, 2011 | Category: Color, Kitchens

While the “official” season of rocking those white linen trousers or pearly leather pumps may now be over, who says you can’t flash your fab light side in the kitchen?  All white (or primarily white kitchens) are so serene and calming, which can help to offset the clutter and chaos that often take place in what tends to be the hub of the house.  White kitchens come in all shapes and sizes, from classic to modern, large to small.  While summer may be on its way out, white kitchens are here to stay!

Photos courtesy of Decor Pad.

Tags:

11 Comments to 'White After Labor Day'

Hamptontoes 29 Sep 11 at 8:34 pm

Yes to whites after Labor Day, in interiors and in fashion (I especially love them paired with creams,ivories, camels, suedes…looks good year round!) Love the images. Stunning kitchens.

caoyi 30 Sep 11 at 2:47 am

I prefer the white kitchen and the decoration style. I think the style is warm

Allison Egan 30 Sep 11 at 4:19 am

I love fresh and clean a white kitchen feels! I also love that soft gray paisley wall paper in the first kitchen – I think its Cole and Sons, no?
xo Allison
Spicer + Bank

Marie 30 Sep 11 at 9:23 am

It’s a good thing I live in an apartment, because I would rip out my kitchen today and make it look like these! Or I would regain my senses and buy some white paint…

Erin 30 Sep 11 at 9:50 am

Awesome collection! I could look at white kitchens all day long and never get bored!

Liz Keough 30 Sep 11 at 9:57 am

The photo with the plate wall is just so dreamy. I had to save that one to my “it’ll never happen but I can dream” file!

Heather 30 Sep 11 at 1:52 pm

Swoon! I just love white marble in kitchens. Great post!

Lorna 30 Sep 11 at 3:20 pm

I am loving all the lights, esp the ones above the islands.

anni 06 Oct 11 at 1:34 am

I prefer the white style. But it comes to a problem that it is easy to get dirty.

Ronald Hampton 17 Oct 11 at 11:18 pm

I enjoy the white kitchens with subtle splashes of color. The shade of white is also important; bright enough to capture the light, clean and airy feeling, but not so bright that is feels clinical or sterile. Some of the designs feel a little washed out to me without the contrasting elements. The hardwood floors really add an element of warmth.

Tuesday Morning 04 Nov 11 at 8:46 am

These kitchens are fabulous. White is a wonderful color to feature in a kitchen because it adds light and is easy on the eyes. All of these are decorated really tastefully.