https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk5_qujRXWk Tokyo Soul - JERRY THE TEACHER! #17 (Minecraft Roleplay) happy new year 2016 pictures New Years Eve 2016 Happy New Year 2016 Pictures funny for friends, New Year Wishes Awesome Whatsapp Status Updates on Merry Christmas 2016 New Year Jokes 2016 New Year Wishes 2016 New Year Greetings 2016 Happy New Year 2016 HD Images, Wallpapers, Photos New Year Greetings 2016, Sms,Wallpaper,cards New Year 2016 Whatsapp status Happy new Year 2016 Quotes Happy New year 2016 images New Year Wallpapers 2016 Happy New Year Images
Chicago Design Blog | Material Girls | Chicago Interior Design » Urban Chic

Urban Chic

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 | Category: Antiques and Collectibles, Art, Decorating, Material Girls Projects

I wish that it was every day that I had the chance to work on a Michigan Avenue project-right in the thick of things.   Add to that description a swank  apartment project in the city.  Many of my clients live in single family homes, but when I was presented with the opportunity to work on a pad in a posh Gold Coast high-rise (one of Chicago’s most beautiful neighborhoods) I immediately said “Heck yes!”

This was such a great project for me in that the client also shared an appreciation for art, antiques and artifacts- the 3 A’s which I live by.  In a smaller space like an apartment, every square foot must count.  No detail was overlooked, however I had to be careful not to “over decorate” the home.  No matter what objects or artifacts I put in the space, the finest piece of art will always be the phenomenal views of my beautiful city :)

It doesn’t matter that my phone doesn’t work here….kinda like a work oasis when I am here.

10 Comments to 'Urban Chic'

Valerie Kilpatrick 26 Oct 11 at 8:59 pm

This is absolutely wonderful work! “Bravo” is the word that comes to mind – it’s a symphony of the industrial look, a slight edge of steampunk, plenty of traditional warmth,and absolutely NOT overdone. I would never have had the imagination to put those great pieces together. I’ll take it….I wish I had a place in Chicago ….

~Valerie

inspir@lia 27 Oct 11 at 2:14 am

Beautiful work! I don’t think I’ve seen a tulip table and bertoia chairs put together – it’s like they were made to be together! Love it all!

renee finberg 27 Oct 11 at 6:41 am

i have used the light fixture in the first image.
it’s fabulous.

i would love to know where the silver metal tortoise shell is from.

xx great post

HopeDreamLove 27 Oct 11 at 6:22 pm

Exquisite apartment overlooking an exquisite view! Perfect combination of detailed but not over-looked

Lauren 27 Oct 11 at 10:45 pm

So gorgeous!!!

Julia-Chicago 28 Oct 11 at 6:48 am

Renee,
If you are a Chicagoan you have to visit The Find City! They have another store in Highwood.
That is where the nickel tortoise shell beauty is from.
Thank you for your comment!
Best,
J

Julia-Chicago 28 Oct 11 at 6:49 am

Thank you Lauren!!!
xx

Heather 28 Oct 11 at 10:40 am

Wow, that looks fabulous! I love the Louis Ghost chairs. I have one that I use with the CB2 clear console table as a desk set. The clear look is great for tiny Manhattan apts! I am currently lusting after a Saarinen tulip table. The black version looks very elegant!

Debbie 30 Oct 11 at 10:50 am

Truly a wonderfully designed space. That dining area is simply divine!! Wonderful.
Fondly, Debbie of Vintage Scout Interiors

Kate Collins 03 Nov 11 at 10:12 am

Once again I am amazed! I always love seeing your projects! You nailed it with the three A’s – so unique and I’m sure they treasure everything.