https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk5_qujRXWk Tokyo Soul - JERRY THE TEACHER! #17 (Minecraft Roleplay) happy new year 2016 pictures New Years Eve 2016 Happy New Year 2016 Pictures funny for friends, New Year Wishes Awesome Whatsapp Status Updates on Merry Christmas 2016 New Year Jokes 2016 New Year Wishes 2016 New Year Greetings 2016 Happy New Year 2016 HD Images, Wallpapers, Photos New Year Greetings 2016, Sms,Wallpaper,cards New Year 2016 Whatsapp status Happy new Year 2016 Quotes Happy New year 2016 images New Year Wallpapers 2016 Happy New Year Images
Dallas Blog | Material Girls | Dallas Interior Design » Star Smiles

Star Smiles

Thursday, October 09, 2008 | Category: Commercial Spaces, Material Girls Projects

After almost ten months since I was hired on, the pediatric dentist office that I have been talking about/working on for so long is now open for business! I leave on a little roadtrip to go attend its grand opening tomorrow in Georgetown which will be a nice break in the week from the normal routine.

It being my very first dentist office project, I will say that designing for kids has never been so much fun!

It’s amazing how fast a space can be built out and go from this concept board…

To this…in just a few months

It’s a strange bittersweet feeling when a project comes to an end- you don’t know whether to be excited that it’s all built and everything’s completed or to be sad that it’s all over with. I guess you just have to be ready for what’s next!
If you are in the Austin/Georgetown area, you should go stop in and see Dr. Kelly at Star Smiles– she even has “Star Bucks”, video games, and sugarless candy, for the kiddos!

{More Star Smiles pics to come on EJ Interiors site!}

6 Comments to 'Star Smiles'

maison21 09 Oct 08 at 8:08 am

how charming and fun is your creation! good job!

i know all about that bittersweet feeling- so happy (and often amazed, if the project was rough) to see it all built and looking great but it is also so sad- the people you’ve been talking to everyday for months, are all of a sudden not there (everyday, at least), and until the next big project starts, what to do? the transition is always so abrupt…

sandra/tx 09 Oct 08 at 8:22 am

How exciting to see your hard work all put together. I’m too far south to visit up in Georgetown, so I’ll enjoy all the wonderful pics. :-)

Lisa Jensen Interior Design 09 Oct 08 at 4:36 pm

Very surreal…I am an interior designer in the Boston area and designed my first dental office this past August using the exact same color palette – exact!

Our waiting rooms are the same size though I laid it out differently and used the sage as the wall color in there, but we selected similar dark leather chairs and coffee tables. We also used a very similar wall color in the hallway. I accented my design with black, repeating splashes of black in window treatments, a carpet border, the chairs, artwork, and a black and tan floor tile in specified areas laid on a diagonal.

There have been some setbacks, but when the project is complete (probably in a few months) you can view them on my website if you’re interested at http://www.LisaJensenInteriorDesign.com.

Anyway, your project looks great! I am not a blogger (yet) or even a blog-reader, but I randomly stumbled upon your blog this morning – very coincidental.

Emily Johnston | EJ Interiors 09 Oct 08 at 5:06 pm

Lisa- that is too crazy! I would LOVE to see the finished pics when you get them up-it sounds a lot like the space I did! Definitely email me to let me know when they are up. I looked at your website- looks great! Seems like you have some great projects going.

Mango Gal 10 Oct 08 at 10:26 pm

It looks beautiful! Great job!

Susan 13 Oct 08 at 12:27 pm

Its cool………you can find more at Furniture