The June Total Home and Gift Market is this week from Wednesday 6/24 to Tuesday 6/30.   It is one of the biggest markets of the year and is held at Dallas’ World Trade Center and Trade Mart.

Normally I go as a spectator to see the pretty showroom vignettes and new products that these exhibitors have to offer; however, this year has been different for me as I’ve actually gotten to participate in an event!

home-for-the-holidays

The DMC has created a 4,200 sq ft seasonal showhome in The Grand Pavilion of The Trade Mart.  It features nine rooms fully furnished and completely decorated for Christmas with merchandise selected from exhibitor showrooms.

I was asked to design the Guest Bedroom of the home and I had so much fun participating.  Fantastic Craft did an excellent job in trimming my “Holiday Glam” room with their Christmas decor.  Photos to come!

june09_h4h

{Pics from last year’s exhibit}

I wanted to let you all know about the home’s Open House that will take place on Tuesday, June 30th (and will be open to the general public).  This event have a $10 entrance fee which will benefit the Dallas Furniture Bank, a charity that provides furniture to individuals and families transitioning out of homelessness.  Would love to see you there! I’ve gotten a peek at all the other rooms and they look great!

By the way, if any of you other design bloggers will be attending the Dallas Market this year, please let me know- would love to meet up!

9 Comments to 'Dallas Market- Home for the Holidays Event!'

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions 23 Jun 09 at 9:49 am

Emily ~ I can’t wait to see your pictures! How exciting to be asked – you must be so pleased!

LaMaison fou 23 Jun 09 at 6:07 pm

Thanks for the info, I love the Dallas market, holiday event!
L

The Stylish House 23 Jun 09 at 8:07 pm

Emily,
Have fun in Dallas, we want photos! Also congratulations on the nod from House Beautiful!

MaterialGirls 24 Jun 09 at 12:48 am

Thank you all so much for your comments!

I had my photographer take photos this morning of the HFH house- will post on the blog this week or next. I had a blast doing it- no real client, no real budget, no color/style restraints- it was the ideal project!! Why cant they all be like that :)

Tommy Bahama Bedding 24 Jun 09 at 9:15 am

I’ve only been to Atlanta’s holiday show at their Merchandise Mart – would love to go to the Dallas show :)

Barb Wall 14 Sep 09 at 4:59 pm

Please come and help your Aunt Barb with her house I have company coming Oct.1st I Love You,Aunt Barb

Kellie Davis 22 Oct 09 at 9:34 am

We are going to re-open our space at the Dallas January FINDS market in a smaller perm space, about 2300 sq ft. I am looking for a project designer to add the finishing touches to the holiday line. Any ideas?

Kellie D Gerson in Kansas City

MaterialGirls 25 Oct 09 at 6:55 pm

Hi Kellie,

Shoot me an email at emily@materialgirlsblog.com and we can talk about what you need!

I may have some people to refer you to.

Thanks!
Emily

lakegirl 15 Jan 10 at 10:07 pm

Love this line. We are having a great time at the Dallas Market. Great people, great sales.

2 Links to 'Dallas Market- Home for the Holidays Event!'

[...] a period ago, I posted most the Home for the Holidays event that I had participated in at the metropolis Trade Mart.  My artist meet dispatched me the photos [...]

Trackback from Design Today » Christmas in June! on July 29, 2009

[...] a month ago, I posted about the Home for the Holidays event that I had participated in at the Dallas Trade Mart.  My photographer just sent me the photos she [...]