Bravo!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 | Category: Designers, Magazines, Material Girls Projects

I have very exciting news to share!

Julia (MG Chicago) was featured in Beautiful Homes this month! They did an entire spread on one of her Chicago projects that she has been working on for quite some time.

I am so thrilled for Julia…and being the sweet, modest person that she is, she wasn’t planning on posting it on our blog.  But me, being the pushy, overly excited blogger that I am, just had to share this home with you all.

Her design can be summed up as “vintage French”- a new house with a generously spacious open floor plan and traditional decor.

scan00011

Outstanding architecture blended with Julia’s expertise, is what makes this entry so special!  The black and white marble flooring has to be one of my favorite parts about this entry (and did I mention it’s heated too?)

scan0005

I love Julia’s use of scale- the oversized clock at the end of the corridor draws your eye further into the space and makes this area feel more grand in size- as they say, large objects fool the eye into making a small space feel larger.

scan0004

The formal living room exhibits a sea of neutrals with bright pops of color added into the mix.  It’s hard to see, but if you look closely, you will notice the 11-1/2 foot tall coffered ceiling made out of plaster.

scan0008

The master bedroom looks like such a serene space.  Upholstered sage green walls, French doors, and a private balcony are just some of the appealing attributes of this room.

scan0006

In addition to the entry, heated marble floors permeate the master bath as well…this is one lucky client!

scan0007

Julia quotes “This ‘dressed up’ French country home is designed using ornate traditional styles.  The rooms are filled with furnishings and accessories using rich and deep French country colors infused with cool and elegant neutrals.  All of the rooms are filled with intricate architectural details.”

scan0003

The kitchen, complete with reclaimed beams and hand scraped walnut floors,  gives off a casual and rustic vibe.  A beautiful marble countertop as well as painted white moulding dress up the space a tad and tie in the other, more formal areas of the home.

scan00021

Antique table and chairs (that were re-upholstered in new fabric) give this dining room lots of charm.

Great work Julia! We are so happy for you…and after all that hard work, you deserve to celebrate big time!

17 Comments to 'Bravo!'

Joni Webb 07 Jul 09 at 2:15 am

Just gorgeous!!! Congratulations. I love the second picture – that is fabulous!!!!!!!

maison21 07 Jul 09 at 3:18 am

wow- that’s SOME project, julia! congrats!

Lauren 07 Jul 09 at 8:51 am

Julia,

This is fabulous!!!! HUGE CONGRATS!!!

velvet and linen 07 Jul 09 at 9:46 am

Beautiful job! You created a gorgeous home for your clients. Love the dining room. So light and airy.
Great chairs.

xo
Brooke

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions 07 Jul 09 at 12:46 pm

I didn’t connect the name of the magazine at first. I just read this and as I scrolled through the pictures I’m thinking “this looks so familiar” . . .went back up and saw, yes indeed, Beautiful Homes magazine! Great job and much congratulations!

Sometimes you’ve gotta toot your own horn!

Julia-Chicago 07 Jul 09 at 7:26 pm

Thank you all for your amazing support! We all know that a million people are involved with the end result of a design project. I am feeling the love and creative voice of all of those people! We learn something new everyday from each other :)
Lucky to be a part of MG and our blog followers.
xo Emily and Lauren!
Julia

Fem 08 Jul 09 at 6:14 am

It’s gorgeous ♥

Kat Farrell 08 Jul 09 at 7:42 am

Great pictures, I esp. loved the staircase, kitchen, sitting area, and living room. This has to be one of my favorit design styles. Oh, and I love heated floors, I didn’t even realise that it was possible until about a year ago when my company started offering it to their customers.
Thanks for the inspiring pics!

Katlin

Tommy Bahama Bedding 08 Jul 09 at 3:12 pm

Such a beautiful home! She truly did a wonderful job :)

Nicolette 08 Jul 09 at 5:11 pm

I love the simple, light design. It’s also successful in the sense that it has a cozy, warm feeling to it.

Nicolette

Colette 10 Jul 09 at 2:27 pm

Julia is AMAZING! I am her assistant…she is the best boss ever! Her work photographs beautifully but is even more spectacular in person :)

debra 13 Jul 09 at 7:41 pm

julia;

you are the best!
talented beyond belief and yes, humble and genuinely nice. every photo was breath taking.
congrats!

yourbig.ru 28 Sep 09 at 4:46 pm

truly loved the article added to my favourites

Thank you for your mighty fine work. You are our beacon of light in this long dark tunnel of chaos.

Loladial 12 Dec 09 at 1:42 pm

I should notify my girlfriend about it.

French Interior Design 23 Aug 10 at 1:56 pm

Absolutely love the spiral staircase. Gives off a very elegant look and feel!
The dark wood canopy bed is an excellent touch, which is very nicely blended or set off by the the nice selection of sage green walls and comforter….

Very nicely done!

the enchanted home 19 Feb 11 at 6:28 pm

This is absolutely stunning..love the casual but elegant inviting rooms! FABULOUS..really a treat to see. One room is as pretty as the next..great blog you have here!
Please visit my new blog…less than 2 months old, about the building of our home and my love for design/decor. Would love you to stop by……have a wonderful weekend.

1 Links to 'Bravo!'

[...] our Chi town blogger, was featured in Beautiful Homes magazine.   What a beautiful [...]