Tear ;(

Thursday, August 06, 2009 | Category: Magazines

As if Domino, O at Home, Cottage Living, In Style Home and Blueprint shutting down weren’t enough, Time Inc is now pulling the plug on Southern Accents!  What a horrible year for shelter magazines.

Southern Accents will stop publishing with its September/October issue.

Still can’t believe it!  The magazine has been around for 32 years.

Here is a trip down memory lane…

Don’t go House Beautiful and Elle Decor!! We wouldn’t be able to handle it!

7 Comments to 'Tear ;('

Designs by DeYoung llc. 06 Aug 09 at 9:21 pm

I also had heard that Architectural Digest was in trouble to and it to will be seeing it’s last days. I am not really sure if that is true or not I would love for you to set the record straight. Thanks for all you hared work and keeping this content fresh.

You know as well as I know that these publications will just rediscover themselves online. New forms of publishing and electronic subsciptions are going to be the way of the future. You smart ladies.I know I didn’t have to tell you that.

Amy 06 Aug 09 at 9:38 pm

This makes me so sad. I was just at work today talking about what the next design magazine was going to be that crashed…… too bad :( You guys are great by the way!

hallie 07 Aug 09 at 10:25 am

Enough is enough on closing all of these fantastic magazines. It is such a thrill to be able to sit and read a magazine cover to cover and enjoy the pages. Its a whole physical experience. Lets keep our fingers crossed they never pull the plug on Elle Decor or House Beautiful . Anyway – I read that Time Inc. has decided to keep the Southern Accents website up. If you could confrm this – that would rock!
Thanks and best — Hallie

MaterialGirls 07 Aug 09 at 10:39 am

Hi Hallie,

Yep! I heard they were keeping the website up and running…but still, it’s not the same as getting a magazine and being able to rip out all the pages of your favorite rooms (which I do) :( RIP Southern Accents!

Elizabeth 07 Aug 09 at 11:03 am

Oh no! This was my go to magazine. Could you please recommend a suitable replacement?

Down Pillow 07 Aug 09 at 3:57 pm

What a shame :( I’m holding out a little hope that some of the discontinued magazines will come back once the economy turns around.

MaterialGirls 10 Aug 09 at 5:23 pm

There aren’t a lot of good magazines left, but I would suggest Traditional Home as a replacement!