Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Monday, February 22, 2010 | Category: Color, Kids, Paint, Walls

I’m currently designing a playroom for one of my clients (who has three young girls) and we want a stylish and fun paint color that can take the girls from elementary school to highschool.  We fell in love with the color scheme in Jill Zarin’s daughter’s room and I’m dying over the fact that I don’t know what paint color it is!

{Traditional Home}

I’m sure that if I ever did find out what color this was, I’d end up being completely surprised at its true hue.  Maybe it “really is a periwinkle” or “really is a navy”- some color that I completely didn’t expect.  That has happened to me before with an awesome Cole and Son wallpaper that I found in a magazine.  Woah, was it dark in person! Definitely wasn’t expecting that.  It’s so difficult to tell a true color just from a photographed image!

Anyone out there BFF’s with Jill and seen this color in person?

Would LOVE to know what is the true blue of this room!

9 Comments to 'Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?'

Cat 23 Feb 10 at 2:54 pm

Girls: As with the cole and son wallpaper, you cannot rust the color in an image. I cannot tell you the numbers of times I ordered sample fabric and wallpapers and it is not anything like the pic on the computer. So if you do find out the color it may not look anything like this. I suggest you print out the image and try to get your print as close to color you see in pic by adjusting “color” if you have too. Then take it to a good paint store to have matched!
Cat

Juliet 23 Feb 10 at 7:44 pm

It looks like the paint it layered…do you see the narrow wall next to the window without a frame? It has a bit of gold in it, maybe it’s glazed, maybe you are looking for a few colors! All the whites really make it. Gorgeous, anyway, thanks.

MaterialGirls 23 Feb 10 at 8:58 pm

Exactly what I was thinking Cat! (of having them match the paint to the picture) I’ll let you know if it works!

You are right Juliet- there does seem to be a bit of gold on that area…hmm very interesting! Never noticed that before.

Shamima Sultana 24 Feb 10 at 12:26 am

wow…what a nice room..just awesome

zess 24 Feb 10 at 3:22 am

not all the time if we just look at whole we love it. its like ” to err is human”

Lise 24 Feb 10 at 9:32 am

Aside from the wall color; I love that ceiling treatment too.

Jody 24 Feb 10 at 8:18 pm

If u have an iPhone, u could try an App from
Benjamin Moore, “Ben Color Capture.” it will
give you the name of their paint that is the closest
to it.

jean de lessard 24 Feb 10 at 9:20 pm

it’s faux finish. it could be ralph lauren paint too.

Pam 24 Feb 10 at 10:34 pm

I see the gold in the corner but I just think that’s the light reflexing from the light fixture because it’s no where else. The walls to me look like there’s a finish on them maybe a suede. Love the ceiling as well but do three girls want this color blue? Although it does look a little bit more purple then blue. Take it to your local Benjamin Moore store and they’ll match it according I find them great here in Chicago.