Zippity Zig Zag

Monday, May 10, 2010 | Category: Decorating, Fabric, Floors, Walls

{House Beautiful}

Oh how I love a good zigzag!  As of late, I’ve been completely smitten with this distinctive and confident pattern.  There is nothing subtle about it!    Watch how this pattern takes center stage and transforms rooms through pillows, rugs, wallpaper, and furniture, giving each its own distinct personality.

{Jonathan Adler}

{Jamie Drake}

{Rietveld Zig Zag chair}

{Sally Wheat}

(Design tip: a lot goes a long way with this print, so use in moderation!)

{Quadrille fabric}

{Mary McDonald}

{Domino}

{Zigzag Console}

{Jonathan Adler}

{Domino}

{Kim}

{Miles Redd}

{Bargello Zig Zag pillow}

{Decorpad}

{Decorpad}

Who knew a pattern this straightforward could be so much fun?  Of course, I’d design a room with it, but my question to you is- do you love it enough to wear it too?

8 Comments to 'Zippity Zig Zag'

sajjal 10 May 10 at 6:30 am

love the collection and setup of mari and dormino so cool n attractive.

Karen - Photography Art Store 10 May 10 at 6:36 am

Wow! Love that zig zag console! I have the perfect place for it :)
Karen

Dane @ 2 Hounds Design 10 May 10 at 9:37 am

LOVE the Domino kitchen. LOVE. IT.

I did a post last week about the Bargello (aka flamestitch, aka Fibonacci) print.

I want drapery in it for my dining room, kitchen walkout AND bedroom.

I’d also like the Missoni Converse…they totally ROCK the flamestitch!

Great post!

Zoe 11 May 10 at 12:31 pm

I love this! I just bought a great rug with this design from rugs usa. It looks awesome in my living room! http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/milliken-vibe/mod/2795568315-54078.html

Mel33 13 May 10 at 5:59 am

I agree – that simply looks divine. So chic! I’m a fan.

Elise Lowerison 18 Jun 10 at 6:28 pm

I love all of these ideas! They are so fun and colorful, thank you for posting! I came across your post this afternoon while browsing interior design blogs and your take on chic is incredibile. It is true also, however, that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.

Hipolito M. Wiseman 10 Oct 10 at 12:33 pm

If you have the same problem I have you will appreciate this rug-I put our dog dishes on it and now I can walk by it barefoot and not get wet from the dribble trails she leaves when she drinks. It is attractive and very well made-I got the blue to match my kitchen.

Also check braided rugs store

rugs hd 19 May 12 at 11:43 pm

LOVE the zig zag pillow… that and Kim :)

1 Links to 'Zippity Zig Zag'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by bot_interior, Robin Krahling. Robin Krahling said: Zippity Zig Zag http://bit.ly/d5PiIE [...]