My friend Bonnie sent me photos of her recent furniture purchases from (relatively) new consignment store, Area 25 in Dallas.  She got a really great looking glass top dining table and two stylish white leather x benches for a song!

As you probably already know, I am crazy for consignment shops so of course had to scurry on over there to check it out for myself.  This is one I hadn’t heard of before!

First to give you a lil background info…Area 25 was started by Home Stager, Sheryl Lawrence, and includes a bunch of her own pieces that she’s accumulated throughout her career as well as unique finds from others.

There really was something for everyone here. Pieces ranged from the more ornate traditional style to the sleek and modern.

I spy..Bonnie’s benches!

They even had cowhide rugs (including metallic ones).  Too bad my living room is the size of a closet and there’s no cow small enough to fit in it.

I want a bust sculpture so badly!  They had a few different sized ones there that would look great on a console, chest or pedestal.

Some well priced apothecary jars…

Someone please get these electrical sconces!

I loved this really cool chrome table base.  All it needs is a glass top and you’d be good to go!

I thought these gray “log” candleholders were pretty interesting.  Actually just about anything gray is catching my eye these days!

It’s almost that time for me to make another visit to Area to see what new finds have come in!  Be sure to venture over there and/or join their mailing list.  You’ll be glad you did!

4901 West Lovers Lane, Dallas

8 Comments to 'New to the Area'

verlichting 21 Oct 10 at 3:01 am

thanks for sharing your views with us..its wonderful…

Pretty Pink Tulips 21 Oct 10 at 10:21 am

Emily, Great finds. Will have to share with my Dallas friends!

Interesting about the busts….I found a darling miniature one yesterday in Greenwich…perfect for placing on a stack of books!

~ elizabeth

lauren 21 Oct 10 at 1:05 pm

We’ll have to meet next time I’m in town – looks awesome!

christine 21 Oct 10 at 4:25 pm

I love the x-benches and have been after a set forever- I am hoping to win a set that is on ebay right now but we will see- thanks for the new store info- just what I need, somewhere else to shop!!

Classic with a Twist 22 Oct 10 at 7:00 am

Wow… I don’t hit many consignment shops in Dallas but this one looks like it is a must…. which means I “must” get there before all the good stuff is gone! Thansk for sharing:)

Amanda 23 Oct 10 at 8:13 pm

Do you know the price of those awesome sconces? I am looking for something exactly like that but have a budget to stick to :)

Nicu EuropaFM 24 Oct 10 at 9:52 pm

thats perfect info! will share with my friends and keep it to use it in the future.

MaterialGirls 07 Nov 10 at 11:10 pm

Hey Amanda- unfortunately I don’t remember exactly, but I’m sure if you call up there, they could tell you! I’ll keep my fingers crossed they are still there!
-Emily