Super Fabrics

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 | Category: Celebs, Fabric, Fashion, Shops and Showrooms

Calico Corners has just debuted a new fabric collection, Iman Home, designed by the supermodel herself.

I must say that I’ve always REALLY liked Iman.  She has such a calming presence about her.   She doesn’t bring the drama like some other supermodels do (ahem, Naomi C) and she has always come across as very classy and sophisticated.  Don’t you agree?  Other models should take lessons from her on how to behave!

Her colorful collection for Calico reflects her world travels and unique personal style.  The patterns are rich, exotic and textural.  With all of the rage over animal prints and ikat fabrics, I have no doubt that her collection will do well!

My favorite might be this peacock print.  Anything peacock is very hot right now (I think I saw about five people who were dressed as peacocks for Halloween!)

She has tons of other interesting and bold fabrics to choose from too….this is only the beginning!

Great job Iman on taking your love for fashion and beautiful clothing and turning it into something good!  Other supermodels should be more like you!

7 Comments to 'Super Fabrics'

Alyssa 02 Nov 10 at 10:47 am

WOW! Her prints are as beautiful as she is. I would love to see some finished products, i’m sure they will be stunning!

Jan Jessup 02 Nov 10 at 5:54 pm

Dear Emily, you’re right about Iman–she is a class act! It’s also amazing to learn that she is 55 years old now, as she appears ageless in person. I thought you would like to know that these fabrics are quite affordable–prices start at $24.99/yard and most are under $50/yard.

In addition, the Punjab Peacock and Java Moon ikat prints (shown in the first two images) both feature an embroidered element that adds a lot of visual interest to the patterns. The Sultana Lattice design (third fabric) is actually flocked to give it a texture that most prints don’t have.

We’re glad you like these designs from IMAN HOME. We love them too!

Susie M 03 Nov 10 at 11:56 am

She is truly putting talent to good use. These fabrics are interesting and beautiful. I am definitely a fan.

Beth 04 Nov 10 at 6:37 pm

I love Iman too! She is so elegant and lovely!

"K" Saloomey 04 Nov 10 at 8:08 pm

As a print designer for many, many years and now an interior designer, I send kudos to the beautiful Iman for creating a gutsy, colorful collection of fabrics. So many prints these days are wimpy and safe. Bravo to her for standing for bold graphics and COLOR!

“K” Saloomey
shopsicle.com

carol@SofasandSage 06 Nov 10 at 1:30 pm

I love to see women who constantly reinvent themselves. Her textiles are beautiful!

MaterialGirls 07 Nov 10 at 10:06 am

My friend Kristen showed me an upholstered headboard she had made with one of Iman’s fabrics- it turned out awesome! (it’s the third geometric down from the top) and she said it was at a great price too!
Thanks for your comments- I agree- Iman is top notch!