I don’t know about you, but I find accessorizing one of the most challenging parts of the design process.  It’s partly because you have to get the right “mix” of accessories. There has to be a balance between textural and smooth, shiny and matte, colorful and neutral, etc.  It can also be difficult because you might find the perfect accessory, but the scale is totally off…or maybe it’s the fact that it’s the last step in the process and if you are anything like me, you are a perfectionist and won’t quit until you find those amazing last touches for the space.

But above all, I truly believe that accessories can be so frustrating because of the lack thereof.  Of course there are a lot of accessory showrooms in Dallas, but  not very many that will let you take things on approval to test out and that is KEY with accessories (buying more than you need, playing around with the arrangement at the residence to get the perfect balance and then being able to return anything that just didn’t work out).  This past year I re-discovered IBB Design Group, a 40,000 square foot showroom who lets you take on approval, has up-to-date/ stylish accessories and has a warehouse FULL of them!

And if that’s not enough to convince you, here is proof-

Shay Geyer and her mother, Beth Rafferty are the brains (and beauties) behind the thirty year old showroom.  The duo’s knack for creating inspiring commercial and residential interiors, as well as stocking their showroom full of goodies from markets around the world, has kept their clients coming back for more.

{Shay in front of one of her favorite pieces}

Not only do they have accessories galore, but they also stock furniture from tons of different manufacturers such as Baker, Henredon, Lee Industries and Vanguard.  The best part? Everything is available for purchase off the floor!

As you can see, they have tons of mirrored pieces. I recently bought two John Richards mirrored etageres from them that are to die for!

Their colorful, patterned vignettes are constantly changing as things move off the floor very quickly (and I have to say this keeps my visits really interesting!)  You never know what they will be up to next

They also have great abstract giclees at amazing prices for the size!  Most of them are really large and already come framed.  You get a lot of bang for your buck with these.

They use really fun patterned fabrics on their pillows and accent pieces….

They sell tons of lighting too…lanterns, drum shade chandeliers, crystal lamps- you name it.

See what I mean about the art?

Did I mention the bedding yet? So luxurious! All you need is a matching silk sleeping eye mask to complete this relaxing scenario.

I’m normally not a huge fan of leather chairs, but I could totally do a pair of these-

Their chairs never lack detail.  Whether it’s a back with a contrasting fabric, a shiny set of nailheads or patterned tape trim, you can count on them to give you designer quality furnishings.

This one here is from their own line…isn’t it great? I love the gray fabric mixed with the gold nailheads. Very unexpected yet so chic.

On my last visit, I snuck back to the warehouse to look at even more inventory and came across this turquoise chest with fabulous oversized hardware-

I love these chairs because they are traditional but with a modern funky flare.  You’d expect the chairs to be all neutral right, but a patterned ikat back?  Only at IBB!

Come visit them! Monday through Saturday- 10-5pm

5798 Genesis Court, Frisco, TX

15 Comments to 'A Tour of IBB'

Cornelia 11 Jan 12 at 3:45 am

Hi!
Thank you for a fantastic blog!!
Since I live in Norway, this blog is “just” a inspiration and something I can dream through, but in August I’m going to Miami. So I wonder, thoug it’s far from your area, if you know about a cool store for accessories down there I can visit?

Thank you! Keep up the good work, you’re daydream!

Syndi @ Beachnut Lane 11 Jan 12 at 8:39 am

What a fun place to shop! I could spend days there. We have nothing like this way up in Northern New England! Jealous.

Susan, The Kitchen Designer 11 Jan 12 at 8:52 am

You are so right…the decorative/accessories layer is the most difficult to get right. It takes hours and hours for me to do a small arrangement on a shelf! If I had to choose between all those gorgeous accessories, I’m not sure I could make a decision! The furniture is really beautiful too.

Tatiana 11 Jan 12 at 10:58 am

Hi, is it open to the public or to the trade only? Thanks for posting this!

MaterialGirls 11 Jan 12 at 10:52 pm

Hi Tatiana, it’s open to the public!!
-Emily

Julie 08 Feb 12 at 10:31 am

I love all the choices you have at IBB to make your home….totally you!

Beth 08 Feb 12 at 1:01 pm

We are so happy that you came in and loved our showroom. We are constantly trying to ” reinvent the wheel” with our color and designs. Everyday is a new day at IBB! You really need to come often to see all of the new items since they move out quickly.

Shay 08 Feb 12 at 11:02 pm

Thank you for the amazing post Emily! We love having you as a loyal shopper & happy we can help you fulfill your designs for your clients! We are all big fans of yours :-) Yes, we are open to the public & the trade. Come see what we have in store right now! We just painted a vignette a yummy raspberry hot pink!

jennifer 08 Feb 12 at 11:17 pm

I love it. It’s one stop shop get all you need for any project you have and install and be done and the clients are so excited and you are too!!! It’s a great place to do business and shop!

JT 09 Feb 12 at 8:00 am

IBB really is one of the most unique places in Dallas, with such a wide array of furnishings and accessories there is something for everyone….LOVE ….MaterialGirls blog is always on trend…..thanks!!!

Shannon 09 Feb 12 at 8:51 am

Emily, what an awesome write up! We so appreciate your business and hope others will stop in and visit us.

Kari 09 Feb 12 at 9:13 am

What a wonderful post! Stop by IBB today. There’s something for everyone!!

JoAnne Tanner 09 Feb 12 at 9:51 am

I LOVE this blog!! Wonderful pics and info! Thank you so much for coming in & taking the pics & blogging about us! It is a wonderful place to shop!! New things arrive every day, so you can never come by too often! IBB loves the Material Girl!!!

Jim 09 Feb 12 at 10:33 am

Emily – thank you for all your business this past year. Your support means alot.

Judy 10 Feb 12 at 5:34 pm

What a beauitful linspiring blog! It makes me proud to be a member of the IBB team! Emily,we so appriciate your business and spreading the word of IBB around the world. We are here to help make all of your homes one of a kind!!