The Guild Shop

Friday, March 14, 2008 | Category: Budget Design, Furniture, Shops and Showrooms

I absolutely love getting new resources, especially since I have not lived in Houston very long. My friend, Katherine (shout out!) let me in on a now fairly well-known treasure trove…The Guild Shop. This is actually a consignment shop (with some donations) packed to the brim with anything and everything you can imagine…vintage jewels, purses, clothing, dishes, furniture, you get the drift. If you use your imagination you can really pull a “Ruthie” and make something fab out of something drab. Here are some of my finds…

Pair of Caned Chairs for $60…I think they could be so cute painted white with a fun graphic print.

Granite Table with Metal Base $450

Regency Chair, love the shape! $600

I normally do not care for sunburst mirrors, but for some reason I like this one, $150

Knoll side chair $150

The one that got away! NEVER walk away from something at a consignment shop! Chrome bar cart…$99 – no longer available :(

I picked up this pair of sconces for $90.

7 Comments to 'The Guild Shop'

Cote de Texas 15 Mar 08 at 9:30 pm

I haven’t been there in so long – looks like I need to – that starburst is from Global Trading – I recognize it – love your sconces! And that chair! The table is great too.

I’m going to head over there this week.

Jessica Claire 17 Mar 08 at 6:20 pm

wow the bar cart is super fabulous!!!

Carolina Eclectic 20 Mar 08 at 11:12 pm

Hi Lauren! I LOVE the Guild shop!!! I am there all the time, we should meet; seriously.

In(side) the Loop 22 Mar 08 at 2:49 am

I, too, am at the Guild Shop all the time! In fact, I was just there this week and blogged about some of my favorite finds.

It’s hit or miss, but when you find good things – they are SO good! Your sconces are fabulous!

kay* 22 Mar 08 at 6:48 am

bar cart=fabulous! cane chairs=lovely! mirror=fierce. would love to visit that shop.

maison21 13 Apr 08 at 11:42 pm

the mirror is a bargain- did you buy it? it’s new but lots more, even on the ebay (seller: poshliving).

love a good consignment shop!

Kat 27 Apr 09 at 8:07 pm

funny, i accidentally landed here, and I’m actually sitting at a marble table exactly like the one shown but in green marble.
(The table was sold at Pier One in the 90′s in a few colors, but now you can find them on Craigslist for $100-$200).
Cool post!

1 Links to 'The Guild Shop'

[...] Here are a few of my favorite picks for all different design styles…It’s fun to hunt online, but if you want a good deal on something really unique, hit up the consignment shops and antique stores in your area!  I love my gold one, but I still lament not getting the silver one I saw at the Guild Shop… [...]