Loves It!

Sunday, September 14, 2008 | Category: Bed and Bath, Decorating, Design Inspiration, Designers

Well after a split-second decision to head to my parent’s house in Fort Worth to avoid Hurricane Ike, I am safe and sound (and we think our place is okay too).  I picked up a couple of magazines today and am loving the August/September Western Interiors.  This bedroom by a Material Girls favorite, Betsy Burnham, is just perfection!  The 1950′s folding screen is amazing and I love the color scheme!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Be thankful for the “little” things like electricity… our Houston friends are sweatin’ something fierce right about now!

10 Comments to 'Loves It!'

THE ROOST 14 Sep 08 at 6:31 pm

Love the soothing palette, especially for a bedroom. Glad your safe and sound!

Blushing hostess 14 Sep 08 at 7:59 pm

I love the screen. I also love the coverlet! This is the kind of room requiring a bedjacket and a white breakfast in bed tray! Where is Jeeves, and my coffee?! So pleased all is well!

Lauren 14 Sep 08 at 8:44 pm

The palette is so soothing!

I know right, where is Jeeves when I need him?!

kmiller 14 Sep 08 at 9:32 pm

Where in Ft. Worth do your parents live? Mine are in the TCCU area (but I live in Savannah).

Visual Vamp 14 Sep 08 at 10:38 pm

Glad the Material Girls are okay! Thanks for letting us know.
You’re right, this issue of WI is really nice – and you picked a pretty image to share.

meagan cohoon 15 Sep 08 at 2:32 am

I love your blog posts! I would love to see a blog post about kitchen tables!

Lauren 15 Sep 08 at 2:41 am

K Miller – My parents are in the Southwest part of town, but I went to high school right by TCU.

VV- It’s actually the first WI I have actually purchased, and I loved it (esp. because they had a great kitchen and bath section).

Meagan – Glad you like our blog! Kitchen tables, that’s a great idea!

Elizabeth Raptis 15 Sep 08 at 5:09 am

Hi material girls…thought this was a lovely post. The colours are so delicate which is perfect for a bedroom setting – it’s very refreshing. All the best!

Pigtown-Design 15 Sep 08 at 7:24 pm

Glad you’re all okay!

Amra 16 Sep 08 at 5:56 pm

Hi,
I am looking for an interior designer to help with a family home that I am building in the NYC area. It is a French-inspired home (circa 10,000 sq. ft.). Anyone interested in the project, please contact me at as2169@columbia.edu
Amra