Seeing as how my apartment is a chock-full of furniture, I’ve decided to put further furniture acquisitions on hold until we finally find a place to call our own (although I might get crafty with a headboard). My focus has been shifted towards accessories. I’ve spent way too much money snagging up accessories that are just so-so from major big-box chains and then hating them 6 months later. In fact, I have an entire walk-in closet full such impulse purchases. Now I’m focused on buying things I really love – flea market or high brow. Here are a few pics of my favorite accessories that I’ve had my eye on…

{I’d kill for these obelisks from Mrs. Howard – and the lamp for that matter}

After seeing Paloma’s post on these Penguin Classic books, I think these are a must have.

I’d take a Nola lamp in either color!

This lamp would be PERFECT in our Master Bedroom – I’ll take a pair!

I call these the Poor Man’s kaleidoscope! Great for on a wall or on a table.

This Iomoi tray is on my birthday list! It’s hard to pick just one tray!

Designer Gary Spain (see amazing photos – here) uses busts and boxes in this tablescape and I love both!

One of my favorite coffee table-scapes ever!

Last but not least, they may be a little creepy but these vintage glove molds are perfect for draping jewels!

10 Comments to 'Accessory Wish List'

Melissa 21 Apr 09 at 8:33 pm

I love these! I saw something similar in a store this weekend and fell in love with the idea to hang jewelry. When your hands can’t hold any more, decorate your “other hands!”

Renee Finberg 21 Apr 09 at 8:54 pm

i will be checking out the glove molds.

great post!

Vitania 21 Apr 09 at 9:39 pm

Oooohh…Green lamp is lovely …. really lovely..

and I love the Penguin Classics. There is no more perfect accessory than a beautiful book.

Vitania

Lauren 21 Apr 09 at 9:42 pm

I went back and forth on the glove molds, but I decided I think they are a really great solution!

Paloma {La Dolce Vita} 21 Apr 09 at 9:48 pm

I love this post! The vignette from Domino is one of my favorites as well. Thanks for the mention! :)

Nevis 21 Apr 09 at 10:42 pm

Oh, I love it all. And that coffee tablescape is amazing!!!! I want it all! May have to find one of those busts though. What a great peice for a living room!

JeanetteS 21 Apr 09 at 10:49 pm

I am a big fan of obelisks and anything architectural and do love the ones from Mrs. Howard you featured. Have you seen the ones at Source Perrier? They are on sale and treated myself to a set recently. And the books…oh my. I hate to admit this but I sometimes buy books because of the cover. eBay is great place to find them. Thanks for the inspiration!

erin 29 Oct 09 at 5:25 pm

Do you have any idea where I can find that coffee table? (Or one very similar???) I am obsessed with it… and can’t find one anywhere reasonably priced. I love the white lacquer look… and how thick/sturdy the table looks. Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

Lauren-Houston 29 Oct 09 at 7:14 pm

Hi Erin,
Have you looked at the Expedit Coffee Table from Ikea – it’s only $69.99!

Shwn 03 Dec 09 at 6:24 pm

I loved the sea urchins and decided to use them in an entryway flanking a mirror.I got 1 set of 3 on approval and loved the look. When I went back to get the other set of 3, they were sold. Do you know where I could find a set of 3?
/Users/SHAWN_HOLOUBEK/Pictures/Lightroom/Exports/L1040634.jpg