Furniture Friday: Nightstands

Friday, June 12, 2009 | Category: Decorating, Furniture

epley-nightstand

One of the most ingenious night stands I’ve seen is what Lisa Epley did for her daughter’s bedroom.  She purchased three-drawer chests from Ikea and had a local glass store cover them in mirror.  LOVE IT!

I decided for this week’s {late} version of Furniture Friday, I would highlight the night stand.  Now I am definitely not a proponent of the matchy-matchy bedroom suites, but I do like pairs of tables on either side of the bed (even though mine don’t match).

br_nit_32502038

I love the curves of the Burleigh Nightstand – $349 from Rooms To Go.

allison-side-tableAllison Side Table from Plantation

burnhamI LOVE this table also from Plantation.

cohen

I would love a pair of Cohen tables for our bedroom.

hemnes

Cheap and Chic, the Hemnes from Ikea.

hampstead

Hampstead from Williams Sonoma Home

hive

This table is unlike anything I’ve ever seen before…but gold and carrarra- what’s not to love?!

teak

For some earthy goodness try this teak table from Lekker.

wisteria

I’m dying to put a pair of these in my parent’s bedroom.  If you live in Dallas make sure to check out the Wisteria outlet.  I either spotted this chest on one similar last time I was there.

sherry

Sherry Side Table from Hickory Chair

mecox-black-table

Black Lacquer Bedside Table from Mecox Gardens

blackTrashy or Classy?!?  My vote, classy if done right.

mirrored-beveled

No, I’m still not tired of mirrored furniture!  I LOVE this one from Pieces.

ming

Ming Table from Tonic Home – $1,250

swankyside

I’ll take two!  Swanky Stud Side Dresser from CBell.

shades-of-light

When you get tired of these chests in your bedroom, they’d look great flanking a fireplace a la Renea Abbott.

So which one(s) would you love to have in your bedroom?  Do you like pairs, or do you like to mix it up?

14 Comments to 'Furniture Friday: Nightstands'

Things That Inspire 12 Jun 09 at 11:46 pm

I love your gallery of bedside tables! But I must admit, after seeing the first picture of the daughter’s bedroom, I feel guilty that my daughters have such basic bedrooms with hand me down furniture!

One classic bedside table that I would like to nominate for entry into your gallery: the Chelsea Textiles small Gustavian bureau. I have this as my own bedside table (in gray) and love it! It is also a favorite of Mrs. Howard.

Lauren 13 Jun 09 at 7:06 pm

Don’t beat yourself up too much – I think a lot of girls have rooms with hand-me-down furniture! I bet your girls rooms are sooo cute…

I LOVE that Gustavian bureau – something classic that could follow them as they get older.

Maria Killam 14 Jun 09 at 12:36 am

Okay, I just can’t believe the first one is IKEA. Surely it would have cost just as much or more to buy a mirrored piece rather than just covering it up in mirrors! Looks great though!

Renae 14 Jun 09 at 9:51 pm

I have the hardest time finding just the “right” bedside table. I am on the hunt now for some for the master bedroom…I don’t like anything that matches and like sort of different and interesting.

Marie Cole 15 Jun 09 at 8:26 am

What a great idea to doll up Ikea furniture. The room looks dreamy!

Fashion Maven 15 Jun 09 at 1:08 pm

I just had this idea to hack those Ikea dressers – but only for the drawers – for the rest of it, I want it to be a wood finish or black. But I was wondering about what it would take to get a mirror or glass cutter to do this, glad to know it’s a common thing! Whoo hoo!

Off to get my Ikea dresser and to find a mirror guy!

Pieces 15 Jun 09 at 1:52 pm

Lauren,
Thanks so much for posting our Mirrored Beveled Nightstand!!

Bronson Design Studio 17 Jun 09 at 4:05 pm

Nice selection of chests Lauren! Keeping with the mirrored theme, we’d like to nominate two additional chests with mirrored drawers. They are both from Uttermost; the Shalistar Accent Chest (24056) and Jayne Accent Chest (24086). They look great in pairs on either side of the bed!

Ada-Marie 17 Jun 09 at 6:27 pm

Lauren, what a fabulous post! Thanks for the great ideas in all price ranges. I love your blog – keep up the great work!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions 18 Jun 09 at 1:53 pm

Beautiful pieces and I do LOVE that bedroom shot with the mirrored end tables.

I wound up getting two round pedestal tables from Bombay (before they closed in the U.S.) when they were having one of their $49.00 table sales. I figured at least temporarily, until I decided if we were getting new furniture, and I could always use them somewhere.

Susanna 12 Jun 10 at 11:53 am

I love this room! Especially the paint color. Does anyone know how I can find out the paint color?
Thank you!

LEDIA 03 Jan 11 at 5:09 pm

I would love to know where the curtains came from for Lisa’s daughter bedroom… i saw a similar pair from Pottery Barn but they are not these exact ones! I believe its Bobbit Glass here in Houston that did the nightstands… i’d love to know how much they charged!

Broc Clark 12 Jan 11 at 4:05 pm

Awesome bedroom! And great nightstand finds. Keep the great posts coming. BC

Bench1 27 May 11 at 6:16 am

I love the curves in the Burleigh nightstand as well!