Furniture Friday: Writing Desks

Friday, July 10, 2009 | Category: Furniture

6a00d83539e9ed69e201156ed0da3e970c-500wi

Ahhh, desks… another piece of furniture I can never get enough of.  Come to think of it, I technically have three desks in our two bedroom apartment !

Above, in Aerin Lauder’s glamazon dressing room/office you will see my DREAM desk designed by Gabriella Crespi.  It’s soooooo gorgeous.  Here she is again below posing in her “real” office…again, the desk – fabulous!

6a00d83539e9ed69e201156ecb3bd9970c-500wi

Here is my round-up of my desks I’m loving this moment…

The “X-Base” Desk

{A personal favorite…I have a steel and glass version.}

1593_10_1

Mason Wood Top Desk from Williams-Sonoma Home

The Art Deco Desk

img61m

Mannings Desk from Williams-Sonoma Home

The Parsons Desk

p_f099_alt_we06d086_h06_090323233815_alternate_hero

I couldn’t do a post on desks without mentioning the famed Parson’s Desk by West Elm.

loeffler-randall-living

The Living Room of designer duo Jessie Randall and Brian Murphy’s Brooklyn Apartment (as seen in Domino), immortalized the simple mass-produced white desk.

So, do you have a favorite?  Is it weird to practically have a desk in every room??

16 Comments to 'Furniture Friday: Writing Desks'

Sarah 10 Jul 09 at 8:19 am

The Parson’s desk is an absolute favorite: simple, elegant, and functional. But I also love the ghost desks and the Gabriella Crespie piece up at the top… some sass in a piece of furniture never hurt anyone! :) Thank you for sharing these.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions 10 Jul 09 at 12:28 pm

I really like writing desks, with the openness underneath. I have been thinking about writing desks off and on as I contemplate moving and what I can do in a new home office. I tend toward the Gustavian writing desk style you show, but I’m leaning toward going with a painted black desk.

Tommy Bahama Bedding 10 Jul 09 at 2:20 pm

Some great-looking pieces :) I really love the Craig Van Den Brulle lucite desk – beautiful twist on classic lines.

BeluB 10 Jul 09 at 2:23 pm

Love it! This is kind of romantic:The European Inspired Desk; and The Lucite Desk, a real dream.
I spend my life sitting at a desk, writing stories and things for university, students, etc. Great job!

Marie Cole 10 Jul 09 at 2:43 pm

That first desk is soooo sexy, I absolutely love it! Even though I have a gorgeous practical desk of my own I think I would work alot better with that one. ;) ))

Laura Casey Interiors 10 Jul 09 at 7:20 pm

I love both of these! I am on the hunt for a new desk at the moment. Wish I could get one of these!

Lauren-Houston 10 Jul 09 at 10:44 pm

I’m glad ya’ll liked the selection!

Shela Westrate 10 Jul 09 at 11:52 pm

The Lucite desk immediately caught my eye – something about the curves are so beautiful! I love love the Crespi – so gorgeous! Makes me so sad that in our house the office came with a built in heavy lumbering wooden desk!! What to do???

Ali Duffy 11 Jul 09 at 12:52 pm

I LOVE that picture of Aerin! Did you catch her in Elle Decor yet??

Courtney 13 Jul 09 at 10:13 pm

I love writing desks too, and I am still working on obtaining one I love. Your entire round up is great, and I can’t say I have any one favorite, although I think I love the X-Base, Lucite, Parsons and Sawhorse styles the most. I just saw West Elm’s new wooden sawhorse desk and really liked it; it might have even eclipsed their Parsons desk for me at the moment.

Marina 27 Aug 09 at 9:27 am

Can anyone suggest a file cabinet that will go with mannings desk from williams-sonoma. Their matching bookcase is just too big for my space.

Karen 06 Sep 10 at 4:24 pm

Just wanted to mention that Hickory Chair has all sorts of custom options which makes it a fun desk to work with!

maulana 26 Oct 10 at 4:07 pm

what a classic desk..
thanks
by http://www.ergonomicdeskchair-s.com/glass-top-desk

Olivialeanna 02 Jan 12 at 6:34 am

I love all this artistic work.

Moderndeskcompany.com 23 May 12 at 8:57 am

Nice blog, very creative idea and helpful to everyone for office. Really thanks for sharing this brilliant idea

Sherman Unkefer 18 Oct 12 at 11:26 am

These desks all look so great!