Furniture Friday: The Slipper Chair

Friday, July 24, 2009 | Category: Furniture

billy1

{photo from here}

The slipper chair was invented by designer extraordinaire, Billy Baldwin and it has never gone out of style!  I love them in pairs…preferably with an interesting nail-head detail, how do you like yours??

As always, here are some of my favorite picks…

image_thumb37

First and foremost, the Billy Baldwin Slipper chair available through Ventry Ltd.

duncanfront-filtered

I LOVE the lines of the gorgeous Duncan Lounge by Reagan Hayes $3,150

florencechairsalescard

The Florence Chair from Shine Home has been a favorite of mine for a while!

kellywearstlerchairduo

Pair of Slipper Chairs Upholstered in the cult favorite Imperial Trellis from Tonic Home

m1042alt

I love this for a traditional space.

Hadley Skirted Slipcover Chair by Martha Stewart for Bernhardt

51luw52imxl_aa260_

For $299 you can enjoy a punchy print and re-upholster when you’re ready for a change!

Athens Upholstered Chair $299

slipperchr_pewter_090611235808_viewincolor_hero-1

Upholstered Slipper Chair by West Elm $429

uc006-800

Hanover Slipper Chair by Ballard Designs

511_21b

Who says horizontal stripes are a bad idea?

Cindy Chair by Hickory Chair

They also look great in a vertical stripe…

Doyle Slipper Chair from Plantation

hg134421

Zondra Chair from Jayson Home and Garden

367210_433

Thank you, NB for this cheap and chic option!

Handcrafted Slipper Chair by Nate Berkus for HSN – $329

4894

Tufted Back Slipper Chair by Southern Furniture Company

arorhnnvwy_1174_med

Annie Selke Slipper Chair by Vanguard Furniture

img89m

Abigal Slipper Chair by Williams Sonoma Home

6a0111683c7ee2970c01156f829c88970c-320wi

This chair from Mrs. Howard is so elegant!

13 Comments to 'Furniture Friday: The Slipper Chair'

Jeannine @ Small & Chic 24 Jul 09 at 9:31 am

The one I have in my living room is upholstered in a navy fabric with gold bees embroidered on it. It’s a little grand for me right now and I considered slipcovering it in a simple white or off-white fabric.

susie q 24 Jul 09 at 9:37 am

Beautiful chairs!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions 24 Jul 09 at 9:43 am

Love that Nate Berkus chair in the blue. I like the openness of slipper chairs for a room that maybe an armchair might look to big for.

Deborah Milne 24 Jul 09 at 11:35 am

So many great ones. Fav is the Jayson Home, Nate Burkus (fab pricing) & Tonic Home. Thanks for all the great ideas.

Down Pillow 24 Jul 09 at 1:57 pm

Wow, you’ve found some beautiful examples :) I really love the pair from Tonic Home – love that fabric.

Lauren-Houston 24 Jul 09 at 4:37 pm

You totally should!

Courtney 24 Jul 09 at 7:02 pm

As always, a great round up! I like too many here to list. Have a great weekend, Lauren!

Down Comforter 25 Jul 09 at 9:46 am

Love the striped chair. It would really liven up an otherwise traditional space.

Marie Cole 26 Jul 09 at 2:04 pm

I love using slipper chairs in my designs, especially in higher traffic areas or smaller spaces. I was going to go through your list and pick just one as my favorite but I can’t, I like all of them. ;)

Stephen Wade 27 Jul 09 at 9:42 am

Personally, I love the chair legs on the Zondra, particularly the way they artistically thin out as they progress downward. Overall though, the Doyle is my favorite – I love those colors!

Cindy Maughan 18 Aug 09 at 11:57 pm

I love the Duncan by Reagan Hayes. I love the new twist on a traditional design. Love the nail head trim, boxed in back detail and oh . . . how I love those legs!

Lottie 07 Mar 10 at 10:04 pm

And this is why I love materialgirlsblog.com. Unbeilevable post.

Snooki Slippers 24 May 12 at 5:42 am

It’s Like Walking on Pillows! Official Website for the most comfortable, breatheable, durable animal and sports slippers on the market.

1 Links to 'Furniture Friday: The Slipper Chair'

[...] Slipper chair roundup – {Material Girls} [...]