Furniture Friday: Chesterfield Sofas

Friday, August 28, 2009 | Category: Furniture

After my Craig’s List find earlier this week, I thought that doing a post on one of my favorite sofa styles would be appropriate for this week’s edition of, “Furniture Friday.”

apt-therapy

{via Apartment Therapy}

candice-olson

{Candice Olson}

7b4105575b-896d-4834-b3e7-b4763826913f7d

{Domino via Pink Wallpaper}

409

The Gatsby Sofa by Windsor Smith Home is a personal favorite!

hfh

I love this punchy green one from High Fashion Home.

chester-ebay

Yellow Chester via Ebay

rh

This just screams, “MAN CAVE!”

anthro-chester

LOVE this Anthropolgie version

candice-olsen-sofa

Candice Olson’s funky take on a chesterfield.

img77m

The Beverly Sofa by Williams Sonoma Home

So, what’s the verdict…do you like the traditional cigar lounge leather version or a more modernized take on the Chesterfield?

13 Comments to 'Furniture Friday: Chesterfield Sofas'

LeilaMac 28 Aug 09 at 8:53 am

I just LOVE Chesterfield sofas. Lovelovelove them. They’re so polished and traditional but manly and can be put in so many different set-ups! Great round-up – can I please have that High Fashion Home one?! And PS – awesome Craigslist score!

Down Pillow 01 Sep 09 at 6:33 pm

All gorgeous pieces, but I’m DYING over the sofa in the second photo – simply amazing :)

Christine 02 Sep 09 at 7:20 am

If it was possible I would have a sofa in every room as I just love them.

Palliser Leather Recliner 07 Oct 09 at 3:40 am

Its really very beautiful. every person want to buy this type of sofas and furniture for their home. We know that sofas and furniture made our home and office more beautiful and attractive. People feel glad to buy it.

Raj Kumar Bhardwaj 28 Oct 09 at 1:25 am

Good Idea

For more detail Info Visit: sofa advert

Distinctive Chesterfields 11 Dec 09 at 6:16 am

Would have loved to see some examples from our catalogue on there *cheeky grin*

Just to let you know that original chesterfield sofas dont have cushions on them, you sit on the base (like the top image here) also check that theyre made from a full anilline leather from a full-hide (not made from patchwork pieces where the joins are hidden in the pleats)

if your sofa has these then you’re on to a winner!

sofa 20 Jan 10 at 9:13 am

Leather Chesterfield Sofas are quite easy to look after and keep clean

kim lu 03 Apr 10 at 9:56 pm

Ive been looking for that blue one where can I get it

garden furniture clearance 16 Jan 11 at 9:23 pm

Your blog is very pretty good, I really liked it.

Oleg 22 Apr 11 at 3:07 pm

I love the Chesterfield style sofa called Metropolitan. Its made out of soft gray fabric and instead of buttons it has crystals. The most beautiful sofa I have ever seen.

Melony Tangaro 06 May 11 at 3:20 pm

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say wonderful blog!

jay@ microfiber sheets 27 Sep 11 at 1:24 pm

Those are pretty gorgeous sofa designs, truly classic, I’m loving ‘em. With it’s leather covering makes it easier to clean.

cheap leather sofas 11 Jan 13 at 11:20 am

Love the pics above. Chesterfields are truly classic sofas, would suit any room.

4 Links to 'Furniture Friday: Chesterfield Sofas'

[...] previously seen in Lauren’s “Furniture Fridays” post on Chesterfield Sofas!  This piece is a MG [...]

[...] REWIRE: I’d rewind the summer and light the room with the lamp sold on Craigslist. Put together, the room would look a little something like this first pic. [...]

Trackback from Wish list… « on December 04, 2009

[...] abuzz at the recent Surface Design Show in London.  Dreamwall created the illusion of a classic Chesterfield sofa upholstery wall panel with polyurethane, resin and a combination of natural stone and marble [...]

[...] *image via Material Girls  [...]