Furniture Friday: Bergeres

Friday, December 11, 2009 | Category: Furniture

anthro

{Antwerp Chair  from Anthropologie}

A bergere chair has many interpretations, here are a few of my favorites!   whitechair1_1

Pair of French Bergeres via 1st Dibs

mecox

Pair of bergeres from Mecox

jayson

Spencer Oak Wing Chair from Jayson Home & Garden

1stdibs

Pair of Gustavian Bergeres from 1st Dibs

ballard designs

Bergere Chair from Ballard Designs

houndstooth

Pair of black/white houndstooth bergeres

caroline

Jan Shower’s retro nod to the french chair

oka chair

Marianne Chair from OKA

pink chair

Pink Chair via the French Laundry

8 Comments to 'Furniture Friday: Bergeres'

LaurelStreet 11 Dec 09 at 4:00 pm

I’ll take one of each, please!

Hudson Goods 12 Dec 09 at 1:30 pm

you should really check out these similar eye-popping chairs http://hudsongoodsblog.com/?p=1313

down pillow 13 Dec 09 at 11:31 pm

Oohhh, so many great finds!!! Love, love, love the Spencer Oak Wing Chair :)

custom homes los angeles 14 Dec 09 at 10:02 am

You really know which classic yet sophisticated items are interesting to your readers. With the one above, I love how those chairs look conventional but still elegant. I especially like the Pair of Black/White Houndstooth Bergers because of its detail and modern design. I just hope that they look as good as on the photos because I want to get them for my new home.

Sanctuary 19 Mar 10 at 11:26 am

These are to die for cool! There were a couple of retro wing back chairs at the Dallas Flea that went fast! I wish that we could have picked them up! The colors are fantabulous!

Jerod 10 Jan 11 at 8:05 am

Never thought this style would make such a strong come-back. In Los Angeles maybe 15 years ago this look was very popular, between the overwhelming presence of Shabby Chic and the swap meet finds..a cross between vintage french and aged white painted furniture. I guess all styles reemerge as adaptive interpretations of previous trends.

Brooke 17 Oct 11 at 1:14 pm

Love the first chair from Anthropologie! These were great finds. I wish I had a room to put them in!

Debbie 17 Apr 12 at 5:01 am

These have always been favorites of mine. They are so versatile and fun. they really make a strong but elegant statement in a room. Love the pink one.

2 Links to 'Furniture Friday: Bergeres'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Material Girls , Robin Krahling. Robin Krahling said: Furniture Friday: Bergeres: {Antwerp Chair  from Anthropologie} A bergere chair has many interpretations, here a… http://bit.ly/6bXScC [...]

[...] Via Add Simplicity and http://www.mydesignchic.com/2011/04/things-we-love-houndstooth.html Via http://materialgirlsblog.com/houston/2009/12/11/furniture-friday-bergeres/ Via Vanity Fair You can see La Vie en Rose like Lady Gaga Via House Beautiful Would you [...]