Furniture Friday: Skirted Tables

Friday, March 05, 2010 | Category: Furniture

{design by: Grant K. Gibson}

This Furniture Friday is dedicated to a very controversial piece of furniture…the skirted table!  It has even inspired a blog/radio show. I like mine stream-lined with a graphic punch or done-up with dress-maker detailing!

{Julie Neill}

{Above two photos, Palmer Weiss}

{photo from here}

{Beach Dwelling via Patricia Gray}

Pam Pierce via Cote de Texas

Ballard Party Table

Linen Table Skirts from Wisteria

I think the above three tables are the best options from the big stores.  There are also a few great tutorials on how to make your own out there in blog land… try here, here, or here.  If anyone decides to brave trying to make one yourself, please email me photos!

8 Comments to 'Furniture Friday: Skirted Tables'

Karen - Photography Art Store 05 Mar 10 at 8:38 am

I love the look of skirted tables. I particularly like the Ballard Party design pic. Hmmm… I have some burlap hanging around. Maybe a weekend project for my dining room table? I will be sure to email you a pic if I get around to it. Thanks for the inspiration!
Karen

Heather 05 Mar 10 at 2:51 pm

I have the round skirted table from Ballard Designs with the burlap tablecloth. I have draped a smaller off-white linen tablecloth over it. I will try to get a good picture and send it to you. Thanks for sharing!

down bedding 05 Mar 10 at 3:05 pm

Love the ultra-feminine style of the second one :)

sketch42 05 Mar 10 at 4:08 pm

I also wrote a post about skirted tables and then had one made to cover a sofa table that I snagged from my mother in laws basement! I used KWID confetti print and a cool trim from M&J… the table skirt is so cool!

enrolled agent exam 10 Mar 10 at 3:58 pm

When I see a table skirt I think 1 of 3 things.
1. Wonder what kind of junk they’re hiding
2. This ballroom is spacious
3. Ewww, I could do that.

clippingimages 28 Jun 10 at 9:20 am

Wow!!! nice and lovely……..

luciyahelan 29 Jun 10 at 4:29 am

Excellent options! These would work in almost any interior. I think I have to have the lucite table. There are such great deals to find, it just takes vision. Nice selection!! I love to see different type of old furniture…nice photos and information thanks for share it.
=================================
Used Furniture

Premadonna 21 Oct 10 at 12:50 am

The slirted table is a great way to direct the focal point of a room upwards.

Apartment Size Furniture