Furniture Friday: Lucite Coffee Tables

Friday, May 07, 2010 | Category: Furniture

First of all, before I digress AGAIN about how much I love lucite/acrylic tables, I HAVE to share this Austin Craig’s List posting that my friend Katherine so kindly sent to me.  I mean the title KILLS ME.  Amazing.  Someone in Austin please buy this table and report back on the buying experience because I bet it would be well worth the trip to Leander.

Okay, back to business.  The above two images of my mega t.v. producer Ellen Rakieten’s apartment decorated by both Nate Berkus AND Anne Coyle is home to my DREAM coffee table.  A 1960′s mix of lucite and gold…sigh.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this in the Wisteria catalog today…the thought literally crossed my mind, “okay, but how would I add gold to it?!”   If you’ve seen my living room, you know I do not need anymore gold!

via Apartment Therapy classifieds

Ahhhh…1st Dibs you never disappoint!

Brass & Lucite table also found on 1st Dibs

Ebay

Lucite Trunk from Mecox

Charles Hollis Jones table available on 1st Dibs through Steven Sclaroff

The Paris Apartment Boutique is a wonderful source for lucite items (above three tables from there).

10 Comments to 'Furniture Friday: Lucite Coffee Tables'

Nancy@marcusdesign 07 May 10 at 5:09 am

Very pretty tables! I didn’t know if I would, but I really do like the touch of gold!! Chic :)
Nancy

sajjal 07 May 10 at 11:21 am

yeah the tables are so cool and i think now a days they are in cause they can be fitted in any kind of them due to their transparent accent.

Gail 07 May 10 at 3:01 pm

I would love to see this in my small home, but my messy boys and dogs have left me with no choice but to wait until they vacate the premises permanently! Cleaning the finger prints and dog slobber off this would drive me insane.

Oh, to live alone! Hehehe

Design Darling 07 May 10 at 3:44 pm

that craiglist listing is hilarious — but better than that the table is amazing! for $50, someone better snatch that up. i love your finds… CB2 also carries a great and affordable selection!

MaterialGirls 07 May 10 at 4:27 pm

The Craigs List listing is already deleted Lauren! What did it say?

Emily

MaterialGirls 07 May 10 at 4:27 pm

I want a lucite coffee table SO bad, I’m tempted to get the one from CB2, but worried it will scratch easily without a glass top!

E

Lauren 07 May 10 at 11:05 pm

The CL title was, “hippies come get your table!” and it was $50 for an acrylic end table.

EJ- not sure about the scratching… Just adds “patina” ha ha!

Leramic 23 Jul 10 at 8:59 am

love the glass table …really amazing….

fabric painting designs 20 Mar 11 at 8:03 pm

That’s a great writing,!

Lewis 26 Feb 12 at 1:59 pm

Check grand brass, bet most of those exposed bolts could be replaced with lacquered brass lamp parts… Seriously they have all sorts of random parts and pieces…

1 Links to 'Furniture Friday: Lucite Coffee Tables'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Robin Krahling. Robin Krahling said: Furniture Friday: Lucite Coffee Tables http://bit.ly/bN0LdC [...]