Furniture Friday- Nightstands

Friday, October 07, 2011 | Category: Bed and Bath, Furniture

At least one nightstand with drawers in a Master Bedroom is usually a must. Finding one that’s not dowdy? Not impossible. If there is one thing I preach to people buying furniture for their first place, it’s to never buy “suites.” Pairs are okay, a matching bed, nighstands, chest of drawers, and lingere chest – not my fave. Yes, it makes things more difficult, but the result is well worth it.

I love how this simple nightstand lets the uber-glam tufted mirrored headboard be the star of the room.

The “Hampstead” Nightstand from Williams Sonoma Home is a great option for a traditional bedroom.

The “Proof” Nightstand from CB2 is a great budget buy.

Deco Fun thanks to 1st Dibs.

Gray Cerused Oak Nightstand from Bungalow 5.

The go-with-anything “Linear” Nightstand from Room & Board.

I’ve always loved little bamboo tables. This one has a drawer -score! From Vieux Interiors here in Houston.

Another traditional nightstand from Hickory Chair that would pair nicely with a darker wood stained chest of drawers.

MG loves Oly!

Custom Beauty from Room Service in L.A. – did y’all catch the all the Room Service product on the Rachel Zoe Project? Was anyone else stressed out about Jeremiah furnishing her 7,000 rent home in less than two weeks? Oh, the magic of t.v. If only I could pull the, “this will be on a Bravo t.v. show starring *blank*,” card every now and then with some of my vendors & workmen!
Do you all prefer at least one nightstand with drawers? For some reason we always stash our gift cards there! Random!

6 Comments to 'Furniture Friday- Nightstands'

Emily 09 Oct 11 at 2:20 am

So true about trying to find good drawer nightstands. I especially love the last one here!

Charles 11 Oct 11 at 2:48 am

I’ve always liked the look of bamboo furniture as well. If you get the right piece it can add an exotic touch to the room without being too tacky. That nightstand looks great!

Mariah Bohannon 11 Oct 11 at 12:48 pm

Hi Lauren. I think my favorite here would have to be the bottom pic hands down. Your advice for furniture hunters is flawless by my book. I find suites to be boring and it’s harder to match your personal style when it’s all picked out for you. I mean, what’s more important? …finally having the room furnished? …or finally having the room furnished and never wanting to leave when you’re in there? I’d rather have a room that I can’t take my eyes off of :)

Brooke 17 Oct 11 at 1:16 pm

I love the uber-glam tufted mirrored headboard! I want one now!

Carlos Medrano 17 Oct 11 at 2:09 pm

Would you say that having nightstands at each side of the bed is a good traditon? It seems like the typical (or obvious) thing to do, I only have one nightstand because I was on a budget yet my bedroom looks great.

Lauren 28 Oct 11 at 3:36 am

Mariah – totally agree with you!

Carlos – I don’t think that nightstands need to match, or even both have drawers! It’s just nice to have something on either side for a book, glass of water, phone, etc.