The Un-Office Office Space

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 | Category: Home Office

The Los Angeles Times recently featured an article on (home) offices titled “The Un-Office Office.” Isn’t it true that many of our work spaces are part of our homes and hence, they become an extension of a living room, a dining room, a bedroom, maybe even a closet. Here are some work spaces that I think demonstrate the “un-office” office:

11 Comments to 'The Un-Office Office Space'

LindsB 22 Apr 09 at 2:19 am

I love the second to last picture, the chair, the color, the shelves….swoon, I love it all!

Anonymous 22 Apr 09 at 2:43 am

check out some cool designs at 7×7′s designers challenge

organizedbydesign 22 Apr 09 at 2:56 am

Love this post! Such inspiring photos. Who said home offices have to be boring, or purely functional?

Paloma {La Dolce Vita} 22 Apr 09 at 3:59 am

These images are fabulous! I have many of them saved on my computer, too. Great post and great trend!

MyLittleHappyPlace 22 Apr 09 at 5:00 pm

Oh, how I want an “un-office” Office!

Sarah Branum 22 Apr 09 at 5:59 pm

I love this post. Great ideas for home offices.

deirdre krotz 24 Apr 09 at 6:56 am

I love the contrast between the walls and the shelves.

Rebecca Nabors 24 Apr 09 at 7:00 am

Brilliant, I am adopting this phrase “the unoffice office” in my vocabulary. I love that work can be a part of the home, not stick out like an eyesore. –Rebecca

Bromeliad 24 Apr 09 at 10:11 pm

You’ve inspired me to clean up my work cube.

mvastudios 02 May 09 at 1:38 am

I love the selection of un-offices that you’ve showcased!

Los Angeles office space 02 Aug 09 at 11:39 am

You have some great images here. I thought I would share some more locations where an office isn’t your typical cubicle space. Check out http://www.creativenvironments.net/properties.html

3 Links to 'The Un-Office Office Space'

[...] office space would have made a great addition to my recent post, “The Un-Office Office Space.” ¬†What office space isn’t filled with [...]

[...] back, I featured a blog post titled, “The Un-Office Office Space” – featuring some chic, stylish office spaces that are the epitome of the generic [...]

Trackback from The Stylish Office | Interior Design Sense on January 19, 2011

[...] to the RSS feed for updates on this topic.Awhile back, I featured a blog post titled, “The Un-Office Office Space” – featuring some chic, stylish office spaces that are the epitome of the generic [...]

Trackback from The Stylish Office | My.BuzzCritic.com on January 20, 2011