Stings Like A Bee

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 | Category: Color, Design Inspiration

114

Hopefully this summer the only thing you will get stung by are these black + yellow rooms!

124

134

141

12 Comments to 'Stings Like A Bee'

Sarah Branum 29 Jul 09 at 4:03 pm

Just gorgeous. I love the yellow and black color scheme.

Erica K 29 Jul 09 at 4:15 pm

i just love those wide zebra rugs!

great post – yay for my school colors! 😉

Deborah Milne 29 Jul 09 at 4:18 pm

How can a person go wrong with yellow & black I say? The last room is my favorite. Definitely on my “inspiration” list!

Michelle 29 Jul 09 at 4:51 pm

Black and yellow or grey and yellow are the hottest combinations this year in my opinion.

Designer Chik 29 Jul 09 at 6:01 pm

Never knew yellow and black could look so gorgeous, I especially love the pillows in photo 2

Blog Author(s) 29 Jul 09 at 9:16 pm

I love yellow & black. Honestly though, I could not paint a nursery wall black & feel good about it.

Unique Unique Design 29 Jul 09 at 11:47 pm

Yellow and black are so striking. I especially love the 2nd picture from the top and 2nd from the bottom. Great photos!
marcie

Down Comforter 30 Jul 09 at 5:23 am

LOVE the striped ceiling! This would definitely “bee” a great look!

Linda /Mom 30 Jul 09 at 9:34 am

* YOUR TITLE certainly caught my eye, reminding me of a bee-covered (“faux”, of course!) chest that Sister Parish gave to the late Billy Baldwin… I can’t remember what he said (in his book) about the WHOLE quote, but as I RECALL she was talking about his being a rather slight man, but “his STING was deep”, hence the bee-covered chest as a special gift to him … It’s been yeeears since I read that book , & I’ve GOT to dig it out and read it again~~~ it’s a faaabulous read!

…ANNNND, the yellow is certainly an enticing “new ” color, if not “briiiight”!!! Kinda fun!!!

Many thanks!
Linda in AZ *

jaime 30 Jul 09 at 9:35 am

Love the bedroom w/ the zebra and the baby room! These examples really chic-ify black and yellow

velvet and linen 31 Jul 09 at 9:14 am

Yellow and black make such a dramatic color scheme. Your examples are stunning.
I think the second one from the bottom is my favorite. Love that yellow sofa and zebra rug paired with the French chandelier and pale grey walls.
Great inspiration.

xo
Brooke

Rivacruinicib 26 Jan 10 at 7:35 pm

Ciao my first post whoopee….

3 Links to 'Stings Like A Bee'

[…] Yellow and black interiors – {Material Girls} […]

Trackback from {blog love} this week i love… « {in the tweeds} on August 01, 2009

[…] in a week’s time and coincidentally coming off the heels of my recent post, “Stings Like A Bee” in which I blogged about yellow + black.  I’d say a little less sting but  I quite like it. […]

[…] in a week’s instance and coincidentally reaching soured the heels of my past post, “Stings Like A Bee” in which I blogged most chromatic + black.  I’d feature a lowercase inferior sting but  I […]

Trackback from When Yellow Met Gray | Design Today on August 09, 2009