Walking A Tight Rope

Monday, October 19, 2009 | Category: Decorating, Designers

1-1109-de

Keeping with the rope theme, check out this stair rail using rope. ┬áThis staircase is featured on the House Beautiful website and was designed by Thom Felicia. ┬áThe showcase apartment, which takes inspiration from the movie The Big Chill will air on the Fine Living Network January 26th for the prime time special “Cinema Style: Designers Visions.”

2-de

{Note how the runner is set to one side, leaving the wood floor exposed to the opposite side.}

3e

To view more images from the showcase apartment, click here.

filicia-showhouse-entry-1109-de

2filicia-showhouse-living-room-1109-de

3filicia-showhouse-landing-1109-de

4filicia-showhouse-master-bath-1109-de

5filicia-bed-showhouse-de

7 Comments to 'Walking A Tight Rope'

Kouba 20 Oct 09 at 2:36 am

In truth, immediately i didn’t understand the essence. But after re-reading all at once became clear.

Macy 20 Oct 09 at 1:25 pm

Wow the rope is simply stunning and not something I would have ever though of!

Down Pillow 20 Oct 09 at 11:24 pm

Very cool stair rail idea :) My favorite part of this home is the beautiful bathroom – LOVE all the marble.

Sarah's Fab Day 21 Oct 09 at 11:22 am

In love with this place! Thanks for sharing!

Erin 22 Oct 09 at 5:44 pm

This is genius – I absolutely LOVE the rope idea – does anyone know where you would purchase giant rope or the carpet they used? Absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing!

brittany 28 Oct 09 at 5:30 pm

I don’t know if I’d do it in my house, but very creative nonetheless. Thom Felicia is genius. If kids live there, i’m sure they love it!

caren Cook 08 Oct 12 at 4:14 am

Love it !! What is the runner made out of??

2 Links to 'Walking A Tight Rope'

[...] here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates on this topic.Awhile back, I wrote a blog post about this staircase by interior designer Thom Filicia, using a rope as a handrail (loved the idea [...]

Trackback from Roped In | My.BuzzCritic.com on July 11, 2010

[...] back, I wrote a blog post about this staircase by interior designer Thom Filicia, using a rope as a handrail (loved the idea [...]

Trackback from Roped In | Style of Design on July 11, 2010