To culminate the past few days of the “Legends of La Cienega” design events, the Baker Furniture showroom hosted a cocktail party with Elle Decor along with a book signing by Margaret Russell for her book, “Style and Substance: The Best of Elle Decor.” On Saturday evening, I once again met up with fellow blogger Christian May of Maison21 to attend the last celebration of the two day events.

The entrance to the Baker showroom on La Cienega featured the LCDQ logo and the latest cover of Elle Decor magazine.

The lovely desk where Margaret Russell signed copies of her book, “Style & Substance: The Best of Elle Decor.”

I was so happy to finally meet Margaret Russell.  There have been many other book signings, but up until now I hadn’t been able to attend any of them.  It was great to be introduced to her as the Los Angeles blogger for the Material Girls Blog. She was also delighted to hear that I used to work for Felicia of Bravo’s Season One from Top Design.

So happy to finally have a signed copy!

Margaret Russell with designers Woodson & Rummerfield, who’s vignette inspired by the movie Auntie Mame is on display at the Baker Showroom.

The window display is actually much prettier in person and I happen to see it in evening lighting as the sun was going down.

Loved these zebra print ottomans in the Woodson & Rummerfield window display!

Thanks to Elle Decor & Baker for such a lovely event!

{Photos by Mark Savage Photography and Jill Seidner.}

8 Comments to 'Elle Decor Cocktail Party at Baker Furniture'

maison21 10 May 10 at 5:26 pm

always a pleasure to spend an evening with you, and how great was dinner at comme ca afterwards?

Julieann/CreateGirl 10 May 10 at 6:19 pm

What a fantastic event! That chaise looks amazing! Thanks for posting these pics and could Margaret be any more beautiful?!

Nancy@marcusdesign 10 May 10 at 10:52 pm

Wow, that must have been such a fun event! Thanks for sharing photos with us!!
Nancy

Jesseca | Calendar Printing 11 May 10 at 1:25 am

Love the couch with Zebra prints! I don’t know but zebra prints always attracts me even on shoes and bags.

Tammy@InStitches 11 May 10 at 7:33 am

Baker has always been one of my favorites. Every room could use a touch of zebra !

sajjal 12 May 10 at 7:03 am

big fan of elle her tiny touches give a mystic ambiance to the room

Katy 12 May 10 at 9:05 am

Elle Decor has been my favorite design magazine for many, many years. And I have had the unique honor of meeting Ms. Russell once. Katy

orientalsamui 26 May 10 at 7:27 am

Sometimes I wish I lived in the big city! Thanks for sharing the pictures of this great event..

2 Links to 'Elle Decor Cocktail Party at Baker Furniture'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jill Seidner and Ivana Michalova, Robin Krahling. Robin Krahling said: Elle Decor Cocktail Party at Baker Furniture http://bit.ly/d8VLYR [...]

[...] Los Angeles Design Blog | Material Girls | LA Interior Design … [...]