Chevron Walls

Saturday, October 23, 2010 | Category: Decorating, Paint, Trends, Walls

via Design Sponge

Loving these chevron painted walls! I have been doing painted stripes on walls in a few projects lately, but I would love to experiment with a chevron or herringbone striped wall in a future project! These rooms were recently featured on CasaSugar, “Trend Alert: Chevron Walls.” Have any of you ever painted a wall in a chevron pattern? If so, I’d love to see! (Tweet me with a pic @JSInteriorDes) I may just want to add to this post!

via Live Like You

via Style Files

via Layers of Meaning

via Sabbe

via make under my life

And if you don’t want to paint an entire wall – you can always add chevron with (DIY) artwork.

via Walnut Wallpaper

Or with wallpaper!

11 Comments to 'Chevron Walls'

Nouveau Stitch 23 Oct 10 at 7:46 pm

I just blogged about some fabulous chevron fabric from Premier Prints for cheap! Staple it to a canvas and you’re good to go with your chevron wall art.

Ellen

Christine 23 Oct 10 at 9:58 pm

Wow, looks great. Love! Painting stripes was quite a challenge- I can only imagine how you’d tackle a chevron pattern! Of course now I’ll have to try it.

Jill-LA 23 Oct 10 at 10:32 pm

Hi Christine! Thanks for the comment! I KNOW I was thinking about you – could you imagine if I had proposed chevron stripes! It would be quite a project to tackle! Yes, let’s try it for another room – maybe a small room like the entry! :)

christine {bijouandboheme} 24 Oct 10 at 9:02 pm

Looks great but the kind of project that would make me crazy- I can only imagine trying to get all the chevrons even etc….definitely impressed with anyone who can pull this off- looks fantastic!

Elizabeth@LifeofStyle 25 Oct 10 at 2:06 pm

Love the chevron print, great images!

vinyl lettering for walls 25 Oct 10 at 10:21 pm

I have never painted chevrons but I have done some vinyl chevron stickers for a girl friend. I’ll see if she can send me a picture.

Decor Girl 26 Oct 10 at 4:46 pm

Like the chevrons. Unfortunately wallpaper is likely much cheaper. My painter, who is the most awesome guy in the world and clients love, just might want my hide if I suggested these – especially for more than one wall. Nice pics!

Vinyl Lettering 28 Oct 10 at 8:53 am

Wow, great use of paint on the walls. It looks amazing! it is most likely much easier than wall paper.

PriscilaPetersDecor 31 Oct 10 at 4:21 pm

Loving those walls. I really like the black and white.
Great post.

Penny 31 Oct 10 at 9:34 pm

I have not attempted the chevron pattern yet, although I would LUV too! For some reason I am only drawn to horizontal stripes as opposed to vertical stripes on the wall. I will do those in a heartbeat, especially when the walls need a pattern and wallpaper is a total turnoff for them.

JoEllen 09 Jan 13 at 2:16 pm

You could apply the opposite pattern to what you want with the removable vinyl and paint the wall and remove vinyl. Perfectly semetric chevron stripes no measuring.