Monkeying Around

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 | Category: Kids, Material Girls Projects, Walls

[Loving this monkey wallpaper from 2Modern!]

I am currently working on a nursery project for a client here in Los Angeles, with a modern home furnished in mid century modern designs.  We are incorporating the mid century modern look into the nursery with mixing her current crib and dresser with some new furnishings:

[Concept board for nursery project.]

Both my client and I love this monkey wallpaper as a “feature wall” for behind the crib.  So cute!

The only concern is finding something less permanent and something that wouldn’t need to cover the span of wall behind where the crib is – so decals come to mind!  Thanks to a “twitter tip” yesterday, I was directed to Etsy in search of monkey decals – and there are many to choose from.

[Source]

[Source]

[Source]

[Source]

The number of options and amount of decals is more than overwhelming – definitely need more time to monkey around to find just the right one, but Etsy is such a great source – and not just for monkeys!

8 Comments to 'Monkeying Around'

Mandi 15 Feb 11 at 8:27 pm

I still love the monkey wallpaper best…just precious and it coordinates so well with the crib bedding.

Carrie leskowitz 15 Feb 11 at 9:28 pm

Too cute! I just did a post on a toddler’s room and I am using butterfly decals, I could see a monkey in there as well! Love the mid century modern!

Floor Cabinets 16 Feb 11 at 8:20 pm

I love the money one! I definitely would love to use it for my little boys room

Ashlie A. 17 Feb 11 at 12:37 am

I like the monkey , it seems there is a monkey playing around you.. great wall ideas!
thanks for sharing

Love the monkey wallpaper theme and the coordinating nursery furniture. I especially love the decals and the grow chart. Very cute ideas!

Lisa 17 Feb 11 at 5:01 pm

That is so so adorable! talk about design inspiration- I’m loving it!

Melissa @ college wall decals 21 Feb 11 at 5:06 am

I love this website! It’s a little of everything! I will definitely be bookmarking this! I love the colors you plan to use for this room. I wish we could see the finished room! Your ideas were great!

Mrs. Dowling 14 Nov 11 at 11:41 pm

where did that fabulous crib come from? I must have it…

1 Links to 'Monkeying Around'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Ivana Michalova, decorcollective, Robin Krahling, Scribble Boutique, Jill Seidner and others. Jill Seidner said: Los Angeles Design Blog | Material Girls | LA Interior Design » Monkeying Around http://t.co/jwSygsV via @AddThis [...]