In the Pantry

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 | Category: Design Inspiration, Kitchens, Small Spaces

Having a walk-in pantry is a luxury.  Many of the kitchen remodels I have been designing lately have not been able to afford such a luxury due to space limitations.  Instead the client has opted for tall pantry storage, which is still essential even if it means forgoing upper and lower cabinets, and using a portion of counter space to accommodate tall pantry storage.  But with one exceptional client, she has not only room for a butler’s pantry – but also a walk-in pantry. Because this is a room in itself – the idea came into play:  how do we make this room a beautiful space? I think the images here provide some great inspiration (the above picture being my favorite)!

All images via Houzz.

9 Comments to 'In the Pantry'

Jessie@mixandchic.com 17 May 11 at 4:40 pm

Love walk-in pantries. My favorite is the first one, too!
It looks so gorgeous, classic and luxurious.

H.G. The Countess 17 May 11 at 5:13 pm

Some of those pantries are bigger than my whole NYC kitchen :(

Holly @ Home Style Tips 17 May 11 at 5:20 pm

I love the look and feel of a walk in pantry, even in a small home I think is something everyone should have. It’s keeps you so organized and it’s so much easier to find things.

I also love pantries you can see into so you can do a quick inventory of what you need and then go get it without too much of a hassle.

Christine 17 May 11 at 8:40 pm

WOW, these are amazing. The first one really is the best, but I also like the creativity of the french doors tucked between the bookshelves (are they cookbooks?).

It was always my understanding that a butler’s pantry held only dishes, the silver wares, and nowadays, small appliances, possibly a small sink and extra dishwasher. Yes?

The open shelving concept always looks great, but what’s with all the self-jarred vegetables and dry goods? Ambitious homeowners, or clever props? Will it look as pretty with cans of corn and boxes of Cheerios? :P

Lokanin 18 May 11 at 6:03 am

Great looking pantries, i like the last one the best. Wish I had big enough place for one..

Copper fittings 18 May 11 at 6:54 am

A pantry is a room where food, provisions or dishes are stored and served in an ancillary capacity to the kitchen. A pantry was where bread was kept and food preparation associated with it done.

Interior design renderings 19 May 11 at 3:51 pm

I love number 3 and number 9 both are very nice. Is that a cooler along the side in number 3?

Mae @ Here in This House 23 May 11 at 9:25 pm

a walk-in pantry? what a luxury! i love #5 because i love the idea of somewhere to put away all those kitchen appliances when they’re not in use. (i quite dislike them on the countertops.)

i love that that first one has a little stool. what are you going to use that far? you’re not going to stand on it to reach those top shelves, so… it’s for when you need a break from hunting for the raisins?!

great photos. thx for posting!

Tiffany 22 Jan 12 at 3:24 pm

The pantrys are beautiful. Love the first and the second one and the last two they just look and feel very warm to me. Love warn cozy spaces, wonderful.

Lovely photos!!

1 Links to 'In the Pantry'

[...] to buy Pantry [...]