This past week, my friend Brooke invited me to dinner for my birthday at Terranea Resort in Palos Verdes, CA. Terranea is a destination that sits right on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The resort evokes the feeling of being somewhere else (such as Hawaii) and not just twenty minutes from the bustling LA streets. ¬†As a native South Bay/Palos Verdes resident, Brooke has been frequenting the resort for dinners and drinks and kept telling me I had to check it out. As it turned out, it worked perfectly for last week and I think now it’s going to be on my frequent destination list!

The entrance to Terranea: as you walk in you feel as if you’ve been transplanted to Hawaii, yet this is a local Southern California resort.

The main lobby has a tropical, beachy vibe.

Straight through the main lobby are doors that lead to a terrace with a dramatic back drop of the Pacific Ocean (and in the distance, Catalina Island). Unfortunately, we have been experiencing a bit of our typical “June Gloom” weather but even so, the views were amazing and I am looking forward to returning on a warm summer evening.

The outdoor terrace (which overlooks the view above) and it’s outdoor fireplace, Spanish tile floors, and oversize potted plants.

We had dinner at Catalina Kitchen (it was SO good!) AND if you go on your birthday, they offer a complimentary surf & turf dinner (can’t pass that up!).

The interior side of the restaurant at Catalina Kitchen.

We dined outside under the outdoor heaters, with this view from our table.

This picture is a little blurry but I loved these hanging lanterns, a blended mix of colors which looked so pretty as they glowed when it got dark.

View of the cliffside resort with the lower pool and pool bar overlooking the beach (above photo by Brooke).

And if you come and stay for a weekend – there are more than a few pools to lounge by!

{All photos by Jill Seidner Interior Design except the top & bottom three.}

10 Comments to 'Terranea Resort in Palos Verdes, CA'

shabnam 20 Jun 11 at 5:06 am

Sea view is always nice!!!! I just love it!!! All great collection here!! thanks

Sarah Johnston 20 Jun 11 at 8:02 am

How funny! I was just looking at this resort as a possible vacation destination. Looks beautiful!

J. L. Fleckenstein 20 Jun 11 at 12:27 pm

It’s interesting, though your photos do have a sense of Hawaii, I think they also reflect that wonderful similarity between some parts of California and the Mediterranean; looking at them, I felt transported there. Alas, I am too far away from a quick get away. Fun visiting through your eyes though!

Best,
Fleckenstein

Aliza 20 Jun 11 at 3:59 pm

It looks amazing! Anything with Catalina in view has to be!

Lake Placid Real Estate 21 Jun 11 at 4:03 am

Wow, Amazing blog, And These all the great view.I think you are doing great work. I like the View of the cliffside resort with the lower pool and pool bar overlooking the beach . This is so beautiful. Thanks for all view.
Lake Placid Real Estate

interior design services 22 Jun 11 at 10:41 am

What a beautiful resort…thanks for sharing. I have been looking for a a weekend vacation spot for my husband and I, I am definetely going to look into this.
Thanks….

Victoria 23 Jun 11 at 3:32 am

WOW!!!Breathtaking views!What a beautiful resort !Its a perfect location for spending summer as well!!Photography is so Great indeed!thanks for sharing

Naomi 23 Jun 11 at 9:23 pm

I was so thrilled to read this post. I stayed at Terranea several months ago and your photos brought back such amazing memories. This resort is very nice and it definitely has that Mediterranean vibe without having to travel too far.

Abby 25 Jun 11 at 5:35 pm

Everything beautiful should smell good!
Beautiful pictures!

cazare la hotel 13 Mar 12 at 7:40 am

The resort looks amazing. It really does look like it’s on a tropical island.

1 Links to 'Terranea Resort in Palos Verdes, CA'

[...] Terranea Resort in Palos Verdes, California at Material Girls Blog [...]