The Built-In Desk

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 | Category: Decorating, Design Inspiration, Home Office

{image via Houzz}

I am currently working on a project where the client has decided to demo the linen cabinets of an upstairs hallway and create a built-in desk in it’s place.  The space is on the children’s wing of the house and opens up to a loft playroom. I think this is going to be a great use of space! Of course, I had to go searching for inspiration…

{image via Pinterest}

A compact work area (the inspiration picture my client likes).

{via Pinterest}

A small space maximizes a home office.

{image via Houzz}

A built-in nook blends seamlessly between this kitchen and dining space.

{via Simple Blueprint}

A converted attic space.

{via Pinterest}

A rustic chic wood work surface wall to wall.

{via Meet Butterflies}

A great use of space to accommodate a work area and window seat.

{via Elle Decor}

Dual work spaces and lots of room to display inspiration!

6 Comments to 'The Built-In Desk'

small house interior design 29 Dec 11 at 1:42 am

The design are very good i really like all.

Lori 29 Dec 11 at 2:32 am

Great post! I love all the unique built in shelving ideas.

Emily McCollin 29 Dec 11 at 8:05 am

Great inspiration. We are converting our home office into a guest bedroom, but I still need a little space somewhere for my work. Now I have some beautiful pictures in my head.

Candy Silvasy 29 Dec 11 at 12:31 pm

I use a glass dining room table as my desk currently and have a built in wall of shelves behind it – an architectural feature of my victorian home. I now wish I could incorporate my desk into them. . . but can’t destroy the integrity of the home. These are so gorge! Candy at Art of the Spa

Lilly Pulitzer Bedding 29 Dec 11 at 8:47 pm

What great ideas. I lovepic no.3…looks cozy yest with enough elbow room and of course lots of storage.

Dyan 14 Sep 12 at 5:17 pm

I found the top picture on pinterest, and have been using it as my inspiration for my kitchen remodel. I love the wall color. Can you tell me the name of the paint?

1 Links to 'The Built-In Desk'

[...] A built-in desk can be a fantastic space-saver for any home.  Even so, it’s typically an afterthought.  But as illustrated in this extensive photo essay by  interior designer Jill Seidner on Material Girls, the built-in desk can become a place of stylish enhancement to places like the kitchen and the office. [...]

Trackback from Ideas For A Built In Desk | Imagined House on January 06, 2012