https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk5_qujRXWk Tokyo Soul - JERRY THE TEACHER! #17 (Minecraft Roleplay) happy new year 2016 pictures New Years Eve 2016 Happy New Year 2016 Pictures funny for friends, New Year Wishes Awesome Whatsapp Status Updates on Merry Christmas 2016 New Year Jokes 2016 New Year Wishes 2016 New Year Greetings 2016 Happy New Year 2016 HD Images, Wallpapers, Photos New Year Greetings 2016, Sms,Wallpaper,cards New Year 2016 Whatsapp status Happy new Year 2016 Quotes Happy New year 2016 images New Year Wallpapers 2016 Happy New Year Images
Los Angeles Design Blog | Material Girls | LA Interior Design » The Built-In Desk

The Built-In Desk

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 | Category: Decorating, Design Inspiration, Home Office

{image via Houzz}

I am currently working on a project where the client has decided to demo the linen cabinets of an upstairs hallway and create a built-in desk in it’s place.  The space is on the children’s wing of the house and opens up to a loft playroom. I think this is going to be a great use of space! Of course, I had to go searching for inspiration…

{image via Pinterest}

A compact work area (the inspiration picture my client likes).

{via Pinterest}

A small space maximizes a home office.

{image via Houzz}

A built-in nook blends seamlessly between this kitchen and dining space.

{via Simple Blueprint}

A converted attic space.

{via Pinterest}

A rustic chic wood work surface wall to wall.

{via Meet Butterflies}

A great use of space to accommodate a work area and window seat.

{via Elle Decor}

Dual work spaces and lots of room to display inspiration!

6 Comments to 'The Built-In Desk'

small house interior design 29 Dec 11 at 1:42 am

The design are very good i really like all.

Lori 29 Dec 11 at 2:32 am

Great post! I love all the unique built in shelving ideas.

Emily McCollin 29 Dec 11 at 8:05 am

Great inspiration. We are converting our home office into a guest bedroom, but I still need a little space somewhere for my work. Now I have some beautiful pictures in my head.

Candy Silvasy 29 Dec 11 at 12:31 pm

I use a glass dining room table as my desk currently and have a built in wall of shelves behind it – an architectural feature of my victorian home. I now wish I could incorporate my desk into them. . . but can’t destroy the integrity of the home. These are so gorge! Candy at Art of the Spa

Lilly Pulitzer Bedding 29 Dec 11 at 8:47 pm

What great ideas. I lovepic no.3…looks cozy yest with enough elbow room and of course lots of storage.

Dyan 14 Sep 12 at 5:17 pm

I found the top picture on pinterest, and have been using it as my inspiration for my kitchen remodel. I love the wall color. Can you tell me the name of the paint?

1 Links to 'The Built-In Desk'

[…] A built-in desk can be a fantastic space-saver for any home.  Even so, it’s typically an afterthought.  But as illustrated in this extensive photo essay by  interior designer Jill Seidner on Material Girls, the built-in desk can become a place of stylish enhancement to places like the kitchen and the office. […]

Trackback from Ideas For A Built In Desk | Imagined House on January 06, 2012