Coverings, the largest global tile & stone exhibition in North America, will bring its spectacular array of products, conference programming, and many show floor features — all for FREE — to Orlando, Florida this year. Taking place April 14 – 17, 2015 at the Orange County Convention Center, registrants can check out over 1,000 exhibitors from around the world, refine their skills and and learn more at over 75 free specialized training and education sessions.
To get excited for this year’s show, Coverings has shared their top tile trends of 2015 to be on the lookout for at the show. Want to see it in person? We’re giving a way a free trip* to Coverings, including round-trip transportation and accommodations at the show. To win, share a photo on Twitter or Instagram of your favorite stone or tile inspiration with the hashtag #Coverings2015, and be sure to follow @MaterialGirls, @Coverings, and @CoveringsShow (Instagram) to qualify as a winner. (Contest is open until March 6th!)
Here are some of the latest trends to expect at this year’s show:
Once considered a more “retro” design, hexagons are now making a huge comeback, adding a unique element in designs modern to traditional. Hexagon tiles are available in sizes from small to large, with a 10-11” size among the most popular. You can find it in porcelain, ceramic, stone, and exteriors, as well as 3-dimensional and even paired with the other trends – including wood.
A suitable choice for both interior and exterior, wood porcelain has become very popular over the past few years. Seen as an attractive and easy-to-clean alternative to real wood, digital printing techniques have allowed the wood tiles to look as close to the real thing as possible. Manufacturers are now adding additional style and design by printing patterns on top of the “wood,” such as damasks and other bold prints.
The emergence of pop art-themed tiles has been quite prominent across design trade shows, including Cersaie 2014. These tiles are designed with bold colors and often incorporate the use of 3-D, a technique Alena has seen across many emerging trends. Artist collections are also hot, as Alena highlights collaborations with Keith Haring and inspiration from Roy Lichtenstein.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of any one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Current Coverings exhibitors are not eligible to enter.
• PRIZE: Giveaway includes round-trip transportation from anywhere in the continental U.S. to Orlando, Florida, as well as accommodations throughout the show (April 14-17, 2015, 3 nights, 4 days.) Transportation to not exceed $400.
• CONTEST PERIOD: You may enter the Contest between 12:00:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time (ET) on February 23, 2015 and 4:59:59 pm on March 6, 2015.
• TO ENTER: Share a photo of tile or stone that inspires you, and include the hashtag #Coverings2015, as well as follow the appropriate accounts: @MaterialGirls and @Coverings on Twitter, @CoveringsShow on Instagram.
Guidelines and Restrictions
• Submissions must be primarily in English
• All submissions must be received by 4:59:59 pm on March 6, 2015
• Each individual Entrant is allowed a total of one (1) submission
• Limit of one (1) Winner Prize per Entrant