Less is More

Monday, March 16, 2009 | Category: Walls

I love wallpaper. I love a little coordination. Not sure if I love this:

Seems a bit over-done and reminds me a little of this:

10 Comments to 'Less is More'

hollylynn 16 Mar 09 at 7:15 pm

ha ha ha…as i saw the first two pictures, i totally thought garden state.

whoa.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 16 Mar 09 at 8:36 pm

I could’nt agree more! I have plan for a post very much like this myself. I hope wallpaper never comes back and believe me it’s trying…

Lucinda 16 Mar 09 at 10:22 pm

I know! I saw a couple of those furniture matching wallpaper rooms recently (was it Traditional Home?) and I thought to myself, are they really serious?

Kate Antoske 16 Mar 09 at 10:35 pm

Wasn’t this in the last issue of Elle Decor? Matchy matchy is too much of a commitment for me. It seems like it would be very hard to add, update or refresh without redoing the entire room! Plus, you really have to go with a timeless pattern otherwise you start to compete with your grandma.

Canvas Prints 17 Mar 09 at 7:02 am

Seems totally overdone. The key is balancing the wallpaper and the furniture so that they complement each other.

Lisa 17 Mar 09 at 2:48 pm

I love the chair in the floral/branch fabric on the top picture. But everything else is way overdone. There is just too much movement in these rooms for my taste. I prefer rooms that give my clients a sense of peace and calm.

Musette 17 Mar 09 at 8:13 pm

Wow! This is a whole lotta lotta! I agree with Lisa on the chair fabric – all else is scary. Some wallpapers are lovely, done is extreme moderation, but these are just SCARY!

Enjoying your blog so much! Thanks for all the excellent posts.

Redesign Your Decor 19 Mar 09 at 9:08 am

This is way too Granny for me or any my clients! Thank goodness. Yes, wallpaper in the back of bookshelves. Yes, wallpaper to make ceiling interesting. Yes, wallpaper in an entry or focal wall…but that’s it.

Down Comforter 20 Mar 09 at 5:21 am

Really bad…especially the last living room photo.

A Girl 24 Mar 09 at 2:52 am