I have noticed that with the whole  recession going on, there is one thing that my clients still can’t go without, and that is a fabulous bed!

A great bed can transform a room from drab to fab, and even though your mattress may be the same, you sleep soooooo much better! It’s all psychological, but hey, whatever works!

Here are some of my favorite beds from luxurious, to over-the-top, to downright sexy!  And as you will see, not all beds were made for sleeping ;)

French Tufted Bed

French Tufted Bed

One of my favorites! This bed just looks so comfortable, doesn’t it! I could sleep for DAYS on that bed! What I would give to just sleep at all these days! (The kids like to wake up early!…like 5am early! ugh…they didn’t get that from my side of the family!)
I really love the color scheme in this room too! It’s like a breathe of fresh air (OMG, did I just say that! So corny, but it’s true!)

Bedroom by Jonathan Adler

Bedroom by Jonathan Adler

The King of OVER-THE-TOP himself, Mr. Jonathan Adler! What a freakin’ bed! I want to see a picture of the people that sleep on this thing! So wild! That headboard is gorgeous and I can see it working beautifully in a million different rooms.

I think I would have some pretty cool dreams in this bed! This is a perfect example of a bed “making the room”. It’s all you need really!

This is my personal idea of heaven! I LOVE this bed! I would throw some crazy wallpaper behind it, but other than that it is PERFECT! Graham and Greene make this bed as well as my furniture company, Liv-Chic.

Horchow makes this Baroque beauty and my furniture company also makes the same one!

Ok, I changed my mind , THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE! Oly Studio has done it again! All hail OLY!  I might never wake up if I fell asleep here!

Total Hollywood Glam! These last two beds remind me of Nicky and Paris Hilton’s homes by Faye Resnick! Can’t you just see those two having a pillow fight in here! (Nicky would kick Paris’ A!)

…And like I said, some beds weren’t made for sleeping!

Goodnight!

10 Comments to 'Not your Mother’s Bed!!'

Chesterfield 19 May 09 at 5:05 am

WOW… loving the chesterfield style quilting on these beds. would look great with one of our chesterfield sofas lol.

Linda 19 May 09 at 6:31 am

Thanks for sharing great design – quality never goes out of style

Liz 19 May 09 at 12:37 pm

I love the rounded end of the French beds but have had trouble finding them in queen size – seems like they are all full size. I checked Liv-Chic and it looks like those come in queen – what is the price range for your beds – also, any other suggestions?

Lana 19 May 09 at 4:47 pm

Congrats on the new look – it’s really wonderful and I can see you’ve done a lot of work!

–Lana

Adrienne 19 May 09 at 9:09 pm

Fabulous bed!! LOVE the tufting, and the color…such a great contrast!

New to your blog…amazing stuff!!!

Thanks

Hilary - New York 24 May 09 at 10:37 pm

Hi Liz,
The price range for my beds is between $1200-$1800, but I’m actually having a bed sale right now! 50% off. Email me if you have questions on anything in particular hw_idesign@yahoo.com
Thanks!

August Praymunor, M.N. 09 Jul 10 at 6:24 pm

anyone interested is similar bed as above direct from manufacturer, please visit http://www.classicfurniturewholesale.com or email me to: prayitno@wisanka.com
Thanks!

Rachel 26 Jan 11 at 3:33 pm

Those beds are amazing. But you’re forgetting the key ingredient! The MATTRESS! The technology in some mattresses today is seriously cool. There’s some info on thevirginmattress.com. It really goes to show that not all are created equal. Thanks for the great ideas!

Rachel 27 Jan 11 at 2:39 pm

Actually, the website I posted is for a funny web series that I found while researching mattresses. But I’m pretty sure it links to more mattress info

Linda 14 Feb 11 at 1:48 pm

Beautiful beds ARE difficult to find! Check out some gorgeous ones from Porte Italia.

They are available in many sizes and many, many colors and decorative finishes. Or consider a custom finish to match a fabric, wallpaper, etc.