So “BLUE” about being BACK!

Thursday, June 18, 2009 | Category: Color

I’m BACK from Puerto Rico, and very, very “BLUE” about it!  Luckily I love BLUE – and after this, I’m sure you will too!

june-19

After being in Puerto Rico for a week and a half all I can think about is the bright blue hue of the Carribean, and how soothing it is to me.  I find it goes best with greens and yellows! Greens like the jungles in Vieques ( a little island we visited on our trip) and yellow for that beautiful sunshine! …and now I’m back in NY where it won’t stop raining!  Ughhh!

june-19-2

In this bedroom the blues are a subtle pop of color, but still give a tranquil, calming effect to the room! I love that bedspread too, and we all know how hard it is to find good bedding!

june-12-3

This is a more traditional take on blue. It’s a little more of a dusky blue, but none the less it is still calming in nature and perfect for a bedroom.

june-19-4

This room is WAY more my style, though I appreciate all styles! But I could definitely see one of my little girls having a similar bedroom in a few years! I absolutley ADORE the poka dots on the ottoman too! So cute, but not “TOO” cute!

june-19-6

This sofa is  UNBELIEVABLY CHIC thanks to that bright turquoise upholstery! Love it!

june-19-7

Another one more on the muted side, but again, it still works for me! I really do love green and blue together!

june-19-8

Royal blue leather! WOW, what a bold move and oh, how it makes this room come to life!

june-19-9

Turqoise and yellow.  A perfect marriage everytime! The greys and browns are beautiful with the blues and yellow too, and the patterns really make it all so funky. So GORGEOUS!

Ok, so I am feeling a little less glum after returning home from my amazing vacation (without the kids!..did I mention that part? Oh, yeah, it was a REAL vacation! Pics to come soon! :)

10 Comments to 'So “BLUE” about being BACK!'

Marie Cole 19 Jun 09 at 12:08 pm

Welcome home! Beautiful pictures! I love designing with blues too.

Keidy 21 Jun 09 at 1:17 pm

Actually working on redoing my room. I already have a navy ikat print comforter. Loving the colors with the ROYAL BLUE leather chair. SO LOVE. Thanks for extra inspiration.
xo

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions 22 Jun 09 at 3:46 pm

I’ve just about had it with this rain as well – it’s so depressing! Just close your eyes and think about your vacation spot. I need to find an island picture for my computer wallpaper!

jessica claire 01 Jul 09 at 12:08 pm

lovely collection of blue bedrooms – the first photo is so innovative with the variety of fabrics used on the chaises!

Trina @ susanjablonmosaics 02 Jul 09 at 8:26 am

I love the bold colors. What a beautiful and interesting light fixture in the first picture ~ it adds interest and whimsy.

Trina

Alana 08 Jul 09 at 11:59 pm

I love the colors of the ocean too! I love Puerto Rico, I try to go at least once or twice a year! It’s hard to come back I bet! I would love to be a castaway….hmmmm!

monique 12 Jul 09 at 12:41 pm

I am from Puerto Rico and this is such a great representation of the Enchanted Island colors. Its all about being tropical and colorful. You did an amazing job. I just LOVE AND ADORE this little cute room. The blues from the beautiful beaches, the green from the tropical rainforest El Yunque… its just so great!

Tommy Bahama Bedding 12 Jul 09 at 12:43 pm

I really love blue – probably my favorite color, so this post is right up my alley. You picked some really great photos – I especially love #4 & #5 :)

carol 1shawfield 01 Sep 09 at 5:25 pm

love the turquoise headboard and the polka dot ottoman

megan 08 Oct 09 at 10:24 am

Drake Design Associates in NYC did a great home in West Chelsea that really nailed this combo too. It has a gorgeous mix of blues, yellows and greens. I love this combination too because it is so punchy and poppy and yet ethereal and natural at the same time without being so somber and serious as with the neutrals we typically find in nature with the browns, creams and siennas…

You can view it on their webpage- they do great work