NYC Flea Markets!

Thursday, September 03, 2009 | Category: Antiques and Collectibles, Bed and Bath, Furniture

I finally made it out to one of New York  City’s many amazing flea markets, The GreenFlea, on the upper west side on the corner of Columbus and 77th. The company I had blogged about a couple weeks ago, Divine Chair, was there and the owner, Kitty, had told me it was a good one to go to.  Flea Markets have been becoming more and more popular and you can find all kinds of big name interior designers, magazine editors, and of course bloggers, browsing through booth after booth of one-of-a-kind finds trying to find that something special for a project, their next blog, and here’s what I found…

WILD ROSE ANTIQUES

img00469

The owner, Jennifer Toledo, specializes in antique beds, chandeliers, mirrors, and other vintage pieces that are so my style (French inspired, Glam, and Fabulous). The beds are around $600 a piece and the mirrors are anywhere from $90-$250 depending on size and style. She unfortunately does not have a website (Don’t worry, I told her she needs one!) but you can find her at the Green Flea every Sunday along the 77th St fence.

Here is her contact info too, in case you can make it to the flea…

Jennifer Toledo 917-628-0300   jtoledo5@nyc.rr.com

blog2

These chrome (maybe nickel??) beds are pretty cool and I have never seen anything like them before. These would work in any of those “masculine decor” rooms I blogged about a few weeks ago.

blog3

Adorable little side table. Perfect for a haute-femme bedroom nightstand! Pair it with a large upholstered headboard!

blog-bed

…and speaking of headboards, here is another great one! She said she has hundreds of beds in storage just waiting to be snatched up.   So if you don’t see anything that works for you here, then just give her a call!

8 Comments to 'NYC Flea Markets!'

Down Pillow 03 Sep 09 at 11:16 pm

Oohhh, so many yummy pieces for sale – I’d love to take a trip to this place.

The Antiques Diva 04 Sep 09 at 1:13 am

I’ve flea marketed the world over but haven’t fit the fleas in NYC – was thrilled to see a glimpse into flea marking NYC Style! Great finds!

Merci New York 20 Sep 09 at 9:39 am

Thanks for the fab post- I have literally lived across the street from this flea market for years and am so excited to see such new, fresh and relevant pieces there! For awhile I had given up on going, but now I will definitely do more than just pass by!

Kelly 21 Sep 09 at 8:53 am

Thanks so much for this post! I am drooling over all those wonderful pieces she has, I feel like making a trip to NY from DC just for one of those wonderful headboards!

www.betterhomenogarden.com 25 Sep 09 at 3:29 pm

Thanks for the picks. I’m working on a decorating story with The New York Times and this is incredibly helpful in narrowing down where I’ll go hunting.

website design nyc 24 Nov 09 at 12:27 am

thanks for this post

The Antiques Diva 25 Dec 09 at 3:18 pm

Hola Ladies,

I visited The Green Flea Market a few weeks ago when in NYC for some pre-holiday shopping! I had noted this adress after reading your post and was delighted with my finds at Green Flea – Thanks for the great flea market advice Material Girls!

Toma

CZ Jewelry 23 Feb 10 at 4:01 am

Flea markets are great! sometimes you can really find the things you like. I feel like doing a trip to NYC soon..

love your blog!