I have been a little obsessed with Home Goods lately.  In case you don’t know, they are owned by TJ Maxx and Marshalls so it’s the same concept, designer pieces at insanely discounted prices! I think I have been going there at least two times a week to shop for clients, shop for myself, and just to look around when I have nowhere else to put all of their beautiful “Home Goods”.  My favorite part of shopping there:

THE PRICES ARE UN-FREAKIN’-BELIEVABLE!

Here are some of the many treasures I found…

img_2767

I love this turquoise color in this ceramic piece. This was $29!

img_2759

I ended up taking home this very large green ceramic pot and am going to put it next to my fireplace and fill it with logs for the winter! I love to use a piece out of context.  It makes it so much more interesting! It only cost me $59!

img_2764

I really liked this black urn. Every time I go in there I try to think of which one of my clients could use it. Eventually I’ll buy it for myself out of desperation and then have nowhere to put it!

img_2758

And the same thing is going to happen with all of these glam geometric patterned wooden boxes. They are around $16.99 ea! I may end up filling my office with them.

img_2754

Speaking of offices, I ended up buying this huge silver mirror for a client’s office and am going to hang it above his desk.  I prefer big statement pieces when accessorizing rather than zillions of little picture frames that clutter up a space. This mirror is 40″ round and only cost $79.00!

img_2751

This large dresser is in perfect condition except that it is missing some knobs (easy to replace, and I like replacing them with clear glass knobs anyway, but I’ll try to talk them down on the price regardless!). It is $599 and I want to get it for a client’s bedroom.  So pretty!

img_2756

I wish I had taken a better picture of these! They are faux crocodile leather ottomans in a perfect color orange. $79 ea! I bought one in chartreuse for my living room….

img_2789

My living room 🙂 The starburst mirror on the mantel is also from Home Goods. I had bought it for a client and am procrastinating on dropping it off at her house because I love how it looks there on my mantel and I can’t find another one that I like! It was $29! Seriously, $29!

PS: Isn’t my little yellow table so cute! I bought it at a garage sale and spray painted it and then distressed it. It was a stained dark finish before and now it is so sunny and bright! I want to get a cowhide rug to go under this little vignette. I think it will finish it off nicely! I’m trying to talk myself out of a zebra print one because they are SO trendy, but I LOVE THEM! I can’t help it!

img_2786

The other side of my living room (you don’t get much space in NY for your $…I mean your $$$$$$$$$$$$) But I did what I could with it! The lamps are from Home Goods too, of course. They have the BEST lamps for the prices. These were $59 ea! You can see the interior of the shade is lined in metallic silver to match the bases. They are really beautiful and very well made! Unfortunately, they are also going out to a client’s house soon! 🙁  I always find the best things for my clients and never for myself!  So frustrating! I’ve decided that I am going to search every Home Goods within 50 miles to find this exact pair! I don’t want to give them up!

img_2752

Another Home Goods find. $299.  You can’t really beat that and the lines on this are complemented beautifully with the neutral fabric and natural wood finish.

img_2757

This little side table would be perfect in my Masculine Decor blog I wrote last month. So “Man-Chic”!

img_2762

You can’t really beat this chair for $99. It would be cute in a bedroom in a corner, something to throw all your clothes on!

I feel like I didn’t even do a good job of showing all that they have to offer, looking back.  Their linens are great, mirrors are spectacular, accessories are AMAZING and like I said earlier, the best part is that it is all so ridiculously affordable!  They also have the best holiday decor.  I see things there that I recognize from Z-Gallerie all the time! If you’ve never been, do your self a favor and GO! You’ll end up obsessed, just like I am, frantically re-doing your home every two weeks, just like I do!

Happy Shopping!

21 Comments to 'HOME GOODS in MY Home!'

Jami 06 Oct 09 at 11:10 pm

I’m with you girls! I’M OBSESSED WITH HOME GOODS! They have the best variety at the best prices. I’m there about, hmmm… twice a week?!

lilacsndreams 06 Oct 09 at 11:16 pm

I Luv TJ Max too:) My sister-in-law works at one in TX for quite some time now. Hmmm…I should go visit & have her take me to work with her?:) Anyway…you showed some really nice pics of some really nice items. Having fun & enjoying is what it is all about, right? Best of luck to you:)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions 07 Oct 09 at 8:14 am

I love Home Goods, Hilary! Every time I walk in there it’s a little piece of heaven. I never leave there without something. Like you, I’ve shopped there for clients and for myself. You can’t beat their lamp prices. I have several lamps from them also (as well as pictures, mirrors, wall decor, baskets, apothecary jars, bedding . . . )

Alicia 07 Oct 09 at 9:36 am

I used to hit up HomeGoods alllll the time when I was in college b/c there was one upstate. I’m going to have to check it out again it looks SO FUN!

kelly 07 Oct 09 at 12:22 pm

Home Goods is a little piece of home decor heaven! I am also obssessed with their selection of dishes and such great prices you want to fill up your cart! Love that green chair, makes me want to check my local home goods to see if they have it there…

Irene 07 Oct 09 at 1:55 pm

I was just there yesterday! My husband and I just purchased our first home. Though we have tons of work to do, I could not resist the urge to shop for some accessories. One of the pieces purchased was the coral box pictured behind the turquoise piece in your first picture. Love this place.

Brooke H 07 Oct 09 at 5:19 pm

HG is fantastic! I live in the city now, without a car, and unfortunately NYC does not have a homegoods, but every time I go home to Long Island it’s my first stop! I also used to design products for one of the lines they carry and it was always a pleasure to work with their buyers and developers.

megan 08 Oct 09 at 10:07 am

I used to live in a loft in Westchester and also was obsessed with going to Home Goods! I didn’t think there was one in the city (NYC) correct me if I am wrong though, because I will be there in two shakes of a lambs tail! We are buying a new place and that would make my life alot easier!

ayukyra 08 Oct 09 at 10:46 am

large dresser : make me to touch it…perfect!

First-Impressions-Designs-Dallas 09 Oct 09 at 9:31 am

Just bury me at Home Goods…it’s better than a PEDICURE!! Love it. Love it. Love it!!

Wendy 09 Oct 09 at 10:08 pm

Thanks for the fix. It’s been weeks since I’ve been able to get to my Home Goods!

kiki 15 Oct 09 at 5:22 pm

Question: Do they sell dining room chairs? Basically… how are they in the furniture department. Worth renting a car & taking a drive?
There isn’t a Home Goods in NYC & you can’t shop online!! 🙁

char charles 15 Oct 09 at 6:25 pm

Some really good photos for my male clients.

Mary 16 Oct 09 at 6:51 pm

I looooove HomeGoods too. So much fun to explore. And even more fun to bring home. Some of the most surprising decorative pieces in my home are from that store. Thanks for sharing. You make me want to shop now!

jmpw 27 Oct 09 at 5:51 pm

Just got a petrified wood stump table for $199 in Poughkeepsie Ridiculous!

Lindsey Buchleitner 01 Jan 10 at 8:20 pm

Hi, I have been searching for that green and black chair you featured above! I saw it in a home goods and did not buy it, and I totally regret it! Did you happen to take note of the designer? How am I ever going to find it again?!
Love this post! Lindsey

maya 18 Jan 10 at 6:59 am

those are some crazy prices! Ottomans look beautiful, are those the ones that open up for storage too?

enrolled agent exam 10 Mar 10 at 4:10 pm

Wow, what great pieces and great prices. I have to find a Home Goods store now.

Lynette 10 May 10 at 8:58 am

Where did you get the gorgeous throne-like chairs in your living room? They’re just like the Kelly Wearstler chairs at Bergdorf Goodman’s restaurant, LOVE them!

play nintendo online 23 Jul 10 at 12:37 pm

Some of the pottery at the beginning of the post look amazing! Ceramic stuff is definitely better than the plastic crap people try to make you use

Carrie 04 Dec 10 at 12:20 pm

We have so much of the same stuff!

I have the mosaic mirror from homegoods, the $29 starbust mirror as well as the silver round $79 mirror in this post. Too funny.

I’m at homegoods at least twice a week, glad to see there are others out there with my obsession.

I’ll be sure to check out your site for inspiration. You can find me at coconutrow.org.

Thanks for sharing!

2 Links to 'HOME GOODS in MY Home!'

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Material Girls . Material Girls said: HOME GOODS in MY Home! – I have been a little obsessed with Home Goods lately.  In case you dont know, they are own… http://ow.ly/15Tmdv […]

[…] See the original post here:  HOME GOODS in MY Home! […]