You Light Up My Life

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 | Category: Decorating, Dining Rooms, Kitchens, Lighting

I’ve been shopping for ceiling fixtures for clients a ton lately and I’ve come across a lot that i like.  I even dug up my old source book and found some of my favorite fixtures that have caught my eye in the past.  The dining room and kitchen are two rooms that are begging for great fixtures centered over the table.  If your table isn’t lit up with an eye catching fixture, it’s time to shed a little light on the situation.

12 Comments to 'You Light Up My Life'

Lindsay 31 Mar 10 at 4:29 pm

Venetia Studium chandeliers are so gorgeous. Lightology sells these one-of-a-kind pieces and even has a video that talks about the history of these fixtures!

Nancy@marcusdesign 31 Mar 10 at 9:58 pm

Beautiful fixtures! Makes me want to rip out the fixture in my dining room and go shopping NOW!!

Kim Lemmon 31 Mar 10 at 10:20 pm

oooooh – i love that one that looks all branchy with crystal “leaves” ? Lighting is my favorite element of room design. Makes such an impact, and yet so often overlooked …

COCOCOZY 31 Mar 10 at 11:43 pm

I love the light blue pendant light in the kitchen picture (second from last)! I would put over a Saarinen table in a dining room in my home. Great decorating idea! Thank you!

xo
Coco
COCOCOZY

Tammy@InStitches 01 Apr 10 at 9:06 am

I ordered one last week, can’t wait for it to get here !

featherbed 01 Apr 10 at 7:06 pm

So many great-looking light fixtures!!!

Miss K 01 Apr 10 at 10:40 pm

The first one looks like a bird hanged itself from the ceiling and then exploded. The lights in the last pic are FANTASTIC though. Love it, love the site.

sharon 02 Apr 10 at 5:06 am

love all the pendant lights and the chandeliers all of them are so alluring, especially the third and fourth one.

Vivian 02 Apr 10 at 1:51 pm

Wow! Those lights are amazing. I love the first one, the texture is beautiful!

My Domicile Style 03 Apr 10 at 10:03 am

I just saw a lantern the other day (I think in Elle Decor) that I loved, to replace the heavy iron ones in our house. I never thought about it in a dining room, we have a rectangular table, so I might need 2 lanterns or 2 pendants

Erin Davis 12 Jan 11 at 11:01 pm

bright rooms! how could you ever be unhappy in any of these places? lovely! :)

Erin

Lynn 15 Feb 11 at 2:33 pm

These chandeliers are lovely. I especially like the use of the lanterns in the dining room. People so often have a hard time placing them in places other than a foyer.

1 Links to 'You Light Up My Life'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Robin Krahling. Robin Krahling said: You light up my life http://bit.ly/d8bw21 [...]